Brewer Fanatic

8/13/08 Brewers (Sabathia) at Padres (Banks): 9:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23

These late nights are killing me.

Nix is with the team tonight, right? If he is, I predict using my Yost-o-meter that he gets a pinch hit opportunity. Ned likes to throw the kids in the water to see if they can swim.

Formerly AKA Pete

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really getting silly with Counsell starting all of these games. I realize we've been winning, but production needs to come into play at some point. Going 6 for your last 35 simply is not warranting a spot in the lineup. Hall can easily do that poorly against RHP. I find it odd that guys like Durham produce when they actually start, yet that production lands them a seat on the bench. Counsell doesn't do anything for us and earns a spot in the starting lineup....just about every day.

This is taking the platoon angle just way too far, it only works if both sides actually produce. If one isn't producing in his half...give the other guy a try. Am I wrong, or did Counsell actually say earlier in the year that if he was playing every day, that was a bad thing for the team? Or am I making that up...I could be http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

But it's not a tenth of win over 162 games, it is a increase in total expected wins by .08 wins -it's trivial (e.g. the difference between expecting the Brewers to win 90 or 90.08 wins - a .00088 percent difference in expected wins).

Unless, I am missing something it is 8% for one game. There is a 54% percent chance the Brewers would win the odd game, and there is a 46% chance the Cubs would lose the odd game. Over 162 games, the 54% occurance (Brewers winning) would happen 87.48 times (162 * 54%), while the Cubs would lose 74.52 times (162 * 46%). That is a 12.96 game difference over 162 games.

What sucks is Craig is a likeable dude. Why can't the man just hit 260? It frustrates me , I said the same thing with Weeks and Cam, I doubt all of these players are low 200 type hitters. Why it had to happen in one year (an important year) for the Crew just sucks. You could throw Bill Hall in that mix. Just frustrating....but wait, we are in playoff position. If even half of these guys (Cam and Weeks are starting to show signs) can heat up, this is going to be a special last few months.

Tomorrow's lineup will scare me. I can just see it now. Durham-Counsell-Hardy-Fielder-Hart-Nix-Cameron-Kendall. lol

In any case, lets hope CC can keep the mojo rollin' as it appears Atlanta has packed up and gone home for the winter.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Unless, I am missing something it is 8% for one game. There is a 54% percent chance the Brewers would win the odd game, and there is a 46% chance the Cubs would lose the odd game. Over 162 games, the 54% occurance (Brewers winning) would happen 87.48 times (162 * 54%), while the Cubs would lose 74.52 times (162 * 46%). That is a 12.96 game difference over 162 games.

I think you need to reread my first post. It had to do with the fact that the Cardinals have played 2 extra games than the Brewers, and what advantage that translates into.

Showed project in class

Will rush home to see CC

Watch the Brewers win

Interview called back

They don't want to hire me

Please stop my sad day

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Is anyone else sick of Rock raving about how Prince can keep the inside pitches fair? Sheesh...

http://thegrandnarrative.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Is anyone else sick of Rock raving about how Prince can keep the inside pitches fair? Sheesh...

That's not nearly as annoying to me as his constant talk about the opposite field. I swear he would rather a player take an inside pitch and hit a little bloop out right to 2B or SS than have that player turn on it and rip it into either the left or right field gap respectively.

My favorite right nwo is how Rock talks about how Prince doesn't try to hit homeruns---Fielder has oen of the most exaggerated upperdut swings I've ever seen when he tries to hit the long ball. Now he doesn't always swing that way, but if he expects soemthing inside its an uberviolent uppercut

Archived