Brewer Fanatic

If you could make 5 changes to baseball.....

paul253
Yes, Patrick. If not dead-on size and shape, I'd like to at least see some kind of guidelines in place. The cheap homeruns bug me, and I'd love to see more triples. Also, some of the quirks (the Houston flagpole for instance) make me borderline insane. What's next, a ferris wheel in left field?

I love the little quirks of each ball park. It makes things interesting. As for a change if a wild card team has a better record than a division winner then i would give that team home field advantage...basically meaning i would seed the playoffs by records..

for example.

cubs win nlc

brewers win wild card but with better record than nl west winning dodgers... should the brewers meet the dodgers in post season they would be given home field advantage.

Sure this could go in the 'vent thread' , but Rickie just reminded me again that I want the rule changed that "you can't assume a double play". Why does another player forcing an out, preclude him from being charged with an error for not being able to throw the ball to first?

(Sure seems to often be a guy on third with less than two outs when he botches those throws this year)

Yes, Patrick. If not dead-on size and shape, I'd like to at least see some kind of guidelines in place. The cheap homeruns bug me, and I'd love to see more triples. Also, some of the quirks (the Houston flagpole for instance) make me borderline insane. What's next, a ferris wheel in left field?

I would agree with guide lines more than a specific size and shape, at the least, have a minimum distance. You can still be unique in regards to designing a ballpark with size restrictions. I would even argue to take it further and also restrict minor league parks. Not only does Houston's flag pole need to go but it seems that any long fly ball in left field is a home-run. I also like the worldwide draft, if they want to play here, give everyone a chance like the NBA does.

A couple of things bug me that haven't been mentioned (although I'm down with 32 teams in 8 divisions and no DH).

If a pitcher makes an error why does his ERA not reflect this? I mean, I get that it's unfair that Rickie should airmail one into the stands and it go on the pitcher's numbers, but if the pitcher makes the error shouldn't his numbers suffer?

There should be independent scorers for every game. Some of the homerism (Kapler's non-hit last night for instance) to protect pitcher's stats (or those dodgy "hits" when a guy is on a streak) is frankly ludicrous.

A couple of things bug me that haven't been mentioned (although I'm down with 32 teams in 8 divisions and no DH).

If a pitcher makes an error why does his ERA not reflect this? I mean, I get that it's unfair that Rickie should airmail one into the stands and it go on the pitcher's numbers, but if the pitcher makes the error shouldn't his numbers suffer?

There should be independent scorers for every game. Some of the homerism (Kapler's non-hit last night for instance) to protect pitcher's stats (or those dodgy "hits" when a guy is on a streak) is frankly ludicrous.

The beauty about this is that you can argue with the score keeper and they actually can change it within I believe it's 24 hours, you don't see it very often as most scores are pretty consistent with what they will give a hit or an error.

Archived