Brewer Fanatic

6/26/2006 Brewers (Capuano) @Cubs (Maddux) 7:20pm CDT

B2k1121
Now that's funny, undertow.
Capuano shut out the Cubs for the second time this season - it was also his second career shutout and complete game.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Looks like Cappy got hit on the elbow. Nice work Yost...120 pitches and you let him stay out there. Moron.

Absolutely. I can't believe Yost's "Pitcher Getting Hit On The Arm By A Line Drive" Goggles weren't working!

Sheesh...

Well I just arrived back home in Milwaukee from my trip to Wrigley Field, and the 'Crew did me right tonite!

They did us proud all around! Wrigley Field was as beautiful as ever...those people may lose but they still know how to fill up a house and put on a show.

That franchise is good for the grand ole' game. Say what you want, it is always a thrill to go back to Wrigley Field. I saw Greg Maddux and Jamie Moyer throw their first big league pitches years ago as an employee for the Cubs.

Now Grag and Jamie have come full circle. There was talk they would both be great and that is what they are today. Good to see...

But our 'Brew Crew was awesome. Lee started things off with his bomb and then Capuano pitched masterfully all night and got some inspiring plays behind him in Gross (looks like a nautral in CF) and Jenks in right with diving robs of hits and a great play in front of me by Koskie!

Great glove work! But the treat was "The Dynasty" himself, Prince Fielder. Man can this young man hit a baseball!

Prince launced two big monstrous jacks he crushed off good pitches, and against a strong wind that was blowing in from left that other hitters tried but couldn't hit out!!!

Great performance...I wanted to get mad and say where was this against the lowly Royals but the Cubs are a mess right now and I was happy to see the "Big Three" Lee, Jenks, and Prince step up today...

Now that is what I am talking about!

Gross looks good in CF. He makes it look easy, he judges and sees the ball off the bat well and get excellent jumps and makes strong throws..

He is a natural player. Very smooth. Reminds me a little not a lot of my favorite CF of all time for style Boston's Fred Lynn.

Loved Fred Lynn going after a fly ball. CF is the position I always wanted to be good at and play so I am hard on CF's and appreciate good ones.

I can tell when you are in over your head too out there...But Gross looks the part and plays the part too. I was impressed with him out there tonite from my seat...

Archived