Brewer Fanatic

6/26/2006 Brewers (Capuano) @Cubs (Maddux) 7:20pm CDT

B2k1121
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Pitchers can pitch more than 100 pitches a game, its not that big of a deal. It only becomes a problem when your pitchers are throwing ~125 pitches on a semi-regular basis. If Ned decides to let Cappy get a shot at a CG shutout, placing Chris at approx. 125-130 pitches, it wouldn't be a huge deal since its not like this is regularily occurance for him.

I agree with that, it was meant more of a slam on Baker, but I just wouldn't want to see it happen all the time. I don't think we want Capuano to be overworked when our pitching staff is so thin already. Especially when he tends to wear down late in the year.

And oh, remember in the offseason when all of us said that him winning 18 games was just a fluke type deal and he probably wouldn't win 15 this year? Yeah I think we were wrong.

I don't enjoy patting myself on the back, but I never held this belief. I think there were a few people who recognized that Capuano definitely has the dictionary defintion of "intangibles" that are transforming him into a dominating starter. In the beginning of 2005, I was of the opinion that Capuano would become a more reliable starter than Sheets (I have a problem with complete distrust of power arms). Unfortunely, the last year or so it appears I was right. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

But good for Chris, he's definitely fun to watch out there.

Quote:
Capuano still out there? I don't know about the thinking behind this.

C'mon, you gotta give the guy a shot at back to back complete game shutouts vs. the Cubs.

Edit: ok now you can pull him

Capuano still out there? I don't know about the thinking behind this.

I think I would have taken him out after a hit, but as pointed out before, pitch counts that go over 100, 110 once in a while is a non issue. As I'm typing this, he gets hit in the ARMhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif , he better be alright.

This would be the most ironic and ridiculous ending to this game if he's hurthttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

I enjoy Uecker as much as the next guy, but there is nothing more satisfying than listening to Ron Santo mutter "Oh Boy" over and over. He was about to say the 3 run lead was not insurmountable... then yack +1, basehit & yack +2... more "Oh boy" and "oh man"... the kicker was then he had to sing the 7th inning stretch. you can't write that stuff. Check out AM 720 in the middle of a rout for a good laugh.

Trading Capuano for Sexson straight up right now would be a farcical lopsided deal.

Quote:
Looks like Cappy got hit on the elbow. Nice work Yost...120 pitches and you let him stay out there. Moron.

He was a 115 pitches and had a chance at a complete game shutout. A lot of managers would have left him out there.

Archived