Brewer Fanatic

6/26/2006 Brewers (Capuano) @Cubs (Maddux) 7:20pm CDT

B2k1121
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to be hung for this.. but.. why not Gross as an every day centerfielder? He's still young, he can definitly hit, he has a good arm and he plays solid d.

anyone have a reason why not?

of course, this is only until Dave Krynzel is ready..................

Quote:
I'm going to be hung for this.. but.. why not Gross as an every day centerfielder? He's still young, he can definitly hit, he has a good arm and he plays solid d.

anyone have a reason why not?

of course, this is only until Dave Krynzel is ready..................

I am struggling to understand why people still even bring up Krynzel's name when talking about players to bring up. He hasn't shown anything in a long time to prove that he can compete on the major league level. He's hitting around .240 in the minors, just like last year, and it's not like he's a power outfielder, either.

If you ask me, he needs a change of scenary -- would rather see Gwynn than Krynzel.

I am struggling to understand why people still even bring up Krynzel's name when talking about players to bring up.

Learn to see sarcasm in the absence of blue font, you must.

Gross i was serious about, Krynzel no. I know everyone says outfield depth, outfield depth, but is this really the plan now? Just wait for Carlos and Geoff to leave and bank on Hart and Cruz and Gwynn? I'm serious now, is that the consensus, that Hart, Cruz, and Gwynn are going to be studs some day?

Quote:
Well, my mistake, Ned "Dusty" Yost is bringing Cappy out for one more despite a PC over 100.

Pitchers can pitch more than 100 pitches a game, its not that big of a deal. It only becomes a problem when your pitchers are throwing ~125 pitches on a semi-regular basis. If Ned decides to let Cappy get a shot at a CG shutout, placing Chris at approx. 125-130 pitches, it wouldn't be a huge deal since its not like this is regular occurance for him.

Quote:
Jenkins, um WOW. I do love when he plays like he's 20 out there.

On a side note, is it possible to have Capuano be our 5th starter as well? I'm serious.

I wish he could pitch every day.

9-4 record (barring a disaster 9th inning), ERA around 3.00, 15 of 16 quality starts or whatever it is, Top 5 NL in strikeouts, #1 lefty in strikeouts...I don't know what more he can do to prove he belongs in the All-Star game. Hard to believe that when other fans hear his name, they still say "Chris who?" That would be the only reason he doesn't get in.

And oh, remember in the offseason when all of us said that him winning 18 games was just a fluke type deal and he probably wouldn't win 15 this year? Yeah I think we were wrong.

Quote:
I'm serious now, is that the consensus, that Hart, Cruz, and Gwynn are going to be studs some day?

IMO Hart will be a solid major leaguer, Cruz will be a 4th OF type, and Gwynn is at best a 4th OF on a bad team.

edit: my fantasy team thanks you Prince!

Quote:
Learn to see sarcasm in the absence of blue font, you must.

I have seen it suggested by several that Krynzel will be on the 25-man next spring. Since some people are serious about it, it's pretty hard to sense sarcasm on that topic.

Archived