Brewer Fanatic

Who Got Madden?

RobDeer 45

I got it at lunch and just checked it out and it looks great. The graphics are a huge step up. I have not got to sit down and play a whole game yet but I will get back to you guys if there is interest about how it is.

Sunday is my birthday, and I am begging my wife to buy me the Wal-Mart exclusive Madden 2009 PSP package. It includes:

Limited Edition Metallic Blue PSP

Madden NFL 09 Game

NFL: In Just One Play video

1GB Memory Stick Duo

Beats Game Download Voucher

Pretty cool, eh?

ever notice how people always say they dominate on some video game but you never hear that they "suck big time" at it but continue to play, nonetheless?

I'm setting up my Madden 08 PC season with 09 rosters, schedule, etc. I guess the new Madden 09 mod will be out soon for PC from football-freaks.com. Can't wait.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

RE: pitchleague:

I am absolutely terrible at NCAA 09, I think I am 11-31 on Xbox live but I still play it. I play it because it's my excuse to ride my stationary bike while I play, so I don't care if I lose or not. It's exercise.

i got it for 360. i don't know why, but it seems like all the players' pictures were taken from mugshots in this year's game. and a lot of them didn't even play for the bengals. i did a fantasy draft, and i was just astounded by how scary-/ugly-looking most of the players are. they were a lot better off in the days before high-def.

but as far as the actual game goes, it's definitely the best madden edition thus far. others have their novelty value because of quirks in the game (the ability to dive into players after the play and injure them, tapping the spin move over and over to become an untackleable tornado, qb sweeps with michael vick, etc.), but this is the most realistic version yet.

also, the addition of IQ to this year's game is awesome. it adjusts the game's difficulty based on your skill level. pretty impressive.

I only play sports games and I'd have to say this is the best one yet. I have it for ps3, I love it. I'm surprisingly good at it too, I'm 5-0 online and ranked like 300 something overall. That's by far the best I've ever been in a game. I've won with 5 diffferent teams too. Colts, Packers, Eagles, Chargers and Pats (had to do it).

Right now I'm simulating seasons on ncaa 09 to export the draft classes so I can make a franchise on madden and draft real college players. They even have all the names, I can tell you how to easily download a roster with all players names if anyone is interested. But yeah, doing the off season and especially the draft in Madden is like my favorite part. I do it realistic style too, basically no FAs, like TT. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif So I rely on the draft, so it's especially fun to draft the real guys.

southpaw121505 wrote:

But yeah, doing the off season and especially the draft in Madden is like my favorite part. I do it realistic style too, basically no FAs, like TT. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif So I rely on the draft, so it's especially fun to draft the real guys.

I did that a few years back - my NCAA team was UNLV, I was about 10 years in to the Dynasty. UNLV got bumped up to the PAC-10 and the top 4 picks in the draft were all from my team. I love doing that, recruiting guys from high school, advancing them in NCAA and drafting them in to Madden. I don't know of any other game series that has as cool an option as that.

ever notice how people always say they dominate on some video game but you never hear that they "suck big time" at it but continue to play, nonetheless?

I'm setting up my Madden 08 PC season with 09 rosters, schedule, etc. I guess the new Madden 09 mod will be out soon for PC from football-freaks.com. Can't wait.

For some reason ive always figured madden out. On Ps3, I have been awful. Guys are always jumping routes, I have no idea why. Practice I suppose, I didnt play 08 much on ps3. I was like 250-70 on Ps2. So yes, I never really played 08 because I did suck big time...heh

I bought it and did a fantasy draft with the Packers right away.

How the cookie crumbled: Brian Brohm was my #1 QB(after trading Pennington+4th round pick for him) and oddly enough they gave him #4. It made me smile.

But a couple minutes into my first regular season game it froze on me and then the Brewer game started and then I started drinking and that's that.

3TO Apostle

did they get rid of the thing where you can see the play your opponent is selecting yet?? (only when you are playing another person on your box). This one, extremely stupid feature has kept me from buying any of the new Madden games.

did they get rid of the thing where you can see the play your opponent is selecting yet?? (only when you are playing another person on your box). This one, extremely stupid feature has kept me from buying any of the new Madden games.

How exactly would you get rid of it?

I know if you hold certain controller buttons you can 'hide' the play you called and select the plays around it, but not the main plays on the screen.

How exactly would you get rid of it?

I know if you hold certain controller buttons you can 'hide' the play you called and select the plays around it, but not the main plays on the screen.

Just like they did in the old Maddens, after they got rid of it the first time. You assign buttons on the controller to the plays, and not have a thing that highlights the play. IMHO, they really took a step back when they brought back the play highlighting. When buttons were assigned to the play calling, you could still do something like hold down the left trigger and press a button and it would "hide" your play call by calling the one above or below it.

Am I the only one that has a gripe with this? I guess it's just a huge pet peave of mine.

The play thing is dumb, but overall I'm blown away by how much cooler the game is on PS3 than PS2. I just bought PS3 this year and wasn't sure what to expect from Madden. I like the create-your-own skill level feature, and it just seems the amount of options/commands to play before and during a play are much greater.

This is only after playing two games though, so I don't have a great idea of it yet.

I will be getting it this week sometime. Now that I found out they actually made it for the regular Xbox. I have not jumped into 360 world yet and I just figured they quit making it for Xbox. But then I found it on Bestbuy.com. Only 39.99. Im getting it for sure.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I bought the 20th aniversery addition with NFL Head Coach included. Pretty good deal considering both are 60 dollar value and its sold at 90.

I think this is the best Madden yet, I just hate seeing Brett Favre all the time on the menus, it just hurts that he is playing for another team now.

The best part of the game is after years and years and years of not doing it they finally added the lateral in.

The game's controls are fairly analogous to NCAA Football 09, although I probably won't start my Madden season until the first roster update is out.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I have the "All Play" version for the Wii. I've only played a couple of games on it so far, but it's pretty different using the Wii remote and numchuck than playing it on my PS2. You start out at a simple level to master the motions required before moving onto "advanced." After a touchdown or a big play, you can shake the remote and numchuck to make your player celebrate which will give him a boost. I like it so far.
Gruber Lawffices

The best part of the game is after years and years and years of not doing it they finally added the lateral in.

The game's controls are fairly analogous to NCAA Football 09, although I probably won't start my Madden season until the first roster update is out.

The lateral was in it last year(ps3). Its garbage. Kind of like the back up qb package. Serious? Dumb. You MIGHT use the lateral 1 time. Ever.

Archived