Brewer Fanatic

Beef Jerky

InsomniacInkRoss

If anyone ever gets a chance to take HWY 53 north (way north) up towards Duluth, you drive right through Minong, Jack Link's hometown. Right on 53, there's a gas station where they have tons of Link's stuff, all at huge discounts, including like 25lb. bags of jerky, etc. Always a fun stop.

My #1 jerky-type meats come from Nueske's in Wittenberg off HWY 29. Heaven on earth.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"My #1 jerky-type meats come from Nueske's in Wittenberg off HWY 29. Heaven on earth. "

Nueske's also has a kiosk in Mayfair Mall in Tosa. Best bacon in the world.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

"My #1 jerky-type meats come from Nueske's in Wittenberg off HWY 29. Heaven on earth. "

Nueske's also has a kiosk in Mayfair Mall in Tosa. Best bacon in the world.

I'm from Wittenberg and you are right, that is AWESOME

I like the Jack Links beef jerky as well

Oberto is OK

I just love jerky in general

The best jerky I've ever had is made by a Montana Company that conveniently sells it on the web. Hi Country. Their peppered, honey kissed, honey peppered, and terryaki all make me smile and make my gums cry out "FLOSS!!!!!!" The pet treats are loved by my brother's dog, and I've heard drunk friends say that taste alright when drunk. It's worth ordering some of it just to try it...it's awesome

My wife's uncle owns a grocery store (formerly in Milwaukee, lately in Madison) and he makes great beef sticks. They're so good that they've turned me off of beef jerky but he makes good jerky (and sausage and bacon) too.

I've never tried Oberto. The packaging looks and the name sounds like dog food. I never knew it was for humans until recently.

The best jerky I've ever had is made by a Montana Company that conveniently sells it on the web. Hi Country. Their peppered, honey kissed, honey peppered, and terryaki all make me smile and make my gums cry out "FLOSS!!!!!!" The pet treats are loved by my brother's dog, and I've heard drunk friends say that taste alright when drunk. It's worth ordering some of it just to try it...it's awesome

URL please?

URL please?

http://www.hicountry.com/store/

Good stuff...so addicting.

Beef jerky has always scared me. I don't know if it's because I'm a vegetarian, but whenever I see it in bodegas, in those cases, I just stare. Isn't that also a 'Slim Jim'? I know the people in this thread aren't talking about those (Slim Jims), but that's what I think of when someone mentions beef jerky. I should really try it before knocking it, though it seems the equivalent of getting one of those pickles-in-a-pouch.

I should really try it before knocking it, though it seems the equivalent of getting one of those pickles-in-a-pouch.

What a strange creature you are. I assumed that for everyone the comparison to a pickle-in-a-mouth is a positive association. Pickle pouches and dehydrated-seasoned meat strips...yummo!

I love beef jerky and will go with the "O" (Oberto, for laymen) if the gas station is out of the good Jack Links. The only jerky I can't get into is the shredded jerky in a chaw cannister. Way too sawdusty.

Also, for those who like to get drunk while tasting jerky, try most smoked beers (rauchbiers). New Glarus made a phenomenal smoked porter a year or so ago that used roasted malts and then aged with woodchips used at the smokehouse next door to the brewery. It sounds weird, but it's a culinary explosion of awesomeness once you try it.

Archived