Brewer Fanatic

Evan Longoria to 15-Day DL with fractured wrist

I feel bad for Tampa Bay. They are having a great season and then get hit bad with injuries. Hopefully they can hang on and not let the Yankees pass them.

I don't think the Rays need to worry about the Yankees as much as they need to worry about the Twins, White Sox, and Red Sox. Those three teams could pass them well before the Yankees do.

I feel bad for Tampa Bay. They are having a great season and then get hit bad with injuries. Hopefully they can hang on and not let the Yankees pass them.

Or the Red Sox even . . . .

8 game lead on the injury decimated Yankees. That would be a Met like collapse. And with the Yanks involved people would write operas.

The Rays pitchers are still fine, right?

I think this may hurt Tampa a little this week (see Gallardo/Brewers), but assuming Longoria can come back in a few weeks it might be a real boost to their confidence, especially if they have managed to hang on to first place. I don't think fractures are all that bad, given some time to heal. Imagine the Rays still in first in 2 weeks and then Longoria comes off the DL and they bring up that uber-prospect Price, it could be a shot in the arm for them.

John Kruk believes this injury will devastate the Rays because he has such a "big heart" or something phony like that.

It certainly isn't good news for Tampa Bay, but they're still a great baseball team. They just need to tread water for a few weeks. Longoria is a major component of their offense, but their pitching staff is really the reason why they have 71 wins by now.

Poor Tampa Bay. I think they will be able to tread water enough until Crawford and Longoria return but it is just sad that all the media jumps off the bandwagon after these injuries occur where as if it were the Yankees losing a couple players, the media coverage wouldn't be any less.

8 game lead on the injury decimated Yankees. That would be a Met like collapse. And with the Yanks involved people would write operas.

Nothing can quite top that Mets like collapse. No offense, but that was 7 games in 17 days. There are still over 45 games to be played.

I guess we'll find out if 'Sconnie boy Eric Hinske, who hasn't played the spot since May 8th, can handle 3B defensively on a regular basis. This is a huge loss for Tampa, as others have said. The thing to bear in mind is that there's simply no way this is worth even half of their 4-ish game lead over Boston.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived