Brewer Fanatic

8/12/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Padres (Baek): 9:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anything but a sweep against the terrible Padres would be a losing series in my book.

anytime you're up against jake peavy, i think its a little hard to demand a sweep. even if we're throwing cc. a sweep would be fantastic, but im more than happy with 2/3.

just split the road trip, and have a great homestand and I'm happy. Its tough to say that you need to go into san diego, a place were we traditionally have not played well and demand a sweep. The west coast has been so bad to us, Ill take a split.

Brewers hitters are notoriously bad, (or maybe opposing pitchers are notoriously good) when facing each other for the first time. I just hope we see the 5 era Baek that has been around all season not 10+ strike-outs. Hey Soup is going for 3 in a row and if he gets rolling with all that weight (lol) that is a huge rotation (pun intended, see CC) to deal with in any series. Go Crew

Brewer fans being scared of going to west coast is like other teams thinking they can still go to Miller Park and destroy the Brewers. Things have changed. That said, expecting a sweep against the Padres is pretty outside the "realistic expectations" zone. They could easily lose the series.

For the road trip, the numbers suggest closer to a 3-3 road trip than a 4-2 one.

Brewers on west coast

The offense might not produce

Soup needs to pitch well

This game starts too late

I need sleep to work at 8

But I choose baseball

Get to see Cubs lose

They will finish before 9

But Georgia has rain

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I like having the only game two days in a row. I think not having to match the cubbies will be a good thing, hopefully tomorrow will be 110 deg in Hotlanta and cramps are abound during the double header. Go Crew. I predict 4-2 with sheets and cc dominating.

Archived