Brewer Fanatic

Adam Dunn traded to D'Backs for RHP Dallas Buck and two PTBNL

trwi7

The Reds were not going to offer Dunn arby, or so the rumors had it. They got 3 more players than nothing, so that's not so bad.

Well, it's not so bad if they were dumb enough not to offer him arby. But if that's indicative of how their front office thinks, they'd be better off without the picks to screw up then anyway.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Reds got minor league catcher Wilkin Castillo from Arizona on Thursday as part of the trade for outfielder Adam Dunn. The Diamondbacks acquired Dunn on Monday for right-hander Dallas Black and two players to be named. The 24-year-old Castillo is the first of those two. He was assigned to the Reds' Triple-A team in Louisville.

(Source: Associated Press)

Wow - Has there ever been a worse return on a big time stud than the trash the reds got for Adam Dunn?

(offset quote and cited source --1992)

I just think this shows how little the "old school" GM's like Jocketty think of a guy like Adam Dunn. I'm surprised he asked for that much in return...it's like Josh Byrnes threw him a bone with Owings, just so he wouldn't feel so bad about ripping him off.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

They did well for Dunn. I really like Owings. Dunn wasn't going to be offered arbitration because he likely would have accepted. The Reds had been looking for an opportunity to trade him for some time, but few were willing to take on Dunn's defense and massive salary. One other reason is that Dunn isn't as popular with GM's as he is with internet stats-gurus.

• 4 weeks later...
I like Owings a lot (maybe more than most people), but that does seem like a small return for Dunn. Then again, it was only a couple months of Dunn and if Owings gets back to where he was last year, he'll be a nice piece for the Reds and they'll have him for 4-5 more years.

Did I mis-read this whole thread or somewhere on the internet? I thought Owings was sent a few weeks ago. Or was that just speculation?

I saw this on ESPN and was saying, "What? That trade was finalized a few weeks back, I thought."

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived