Brewer Fanatic

Lymphoma!

SquirrelMaster
Thanks mothership and wisconsinfan. Didn't know that. But if today is an indicator of how future treatments will go, all of the foods that I have eaten today and yesterday (I've had 3 meals), haven't tasted different at all. Except for milk. Not bad tasting, just a little different. Almost as if I can taste the cream of it easier..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, it has been one week and one day since my first treatment. I am eating A LOT. It is unbelievable! I haven't gone to work in a week though, on the account of bad constipation. My stomach has been out of whack for awhile. Not sure if it is gas, or what. Stress perhaps, not sure. Instead of pooping 1-2 times a day, I go once every 2 days. Not a huge deal, but taking senokot(?) isn't exactly helping. Called my dr. and he suggested Miralax. But other then the constipation, I feel pretty good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Well isn't life fantastical! Just wanted to let everyone know I just had a CT scan, and roughly 95 percent of everything is gone. Apparently it will stay that way, and remain in the form of scar tissue. I'm going on disability for the last 2 months of my treatment. Constantly winded from doing SMALL activities...

Well isn't life fantastical! Just wanted to let everyone know I just had a CT scan, and roughly 95 percent of everything is gone.
I've wondered at times how things were going. I'm delighted to hear this. Thanks for letting us know.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Great news! Can start the 09 season healthy. How long before the side effects pass?

I'm not sure how far down the road from my last treatment everything will turn back to normal. But I do know one thing, I can't wait until I don't have to take my Neupogen shots, or have 6 hairs per eyebrow! I did have a positive attitude throughout the entire process, but around Christmas I did get EXTREMELY depressed, like those damn smart doctors told I would. I have never been so depressed in my entire life. Well, except for that one time when brewerfan went from a .com extension to a .net extension and I didn't find out for a bit! I just want everyone to know that if you, or a family member comes down with something, it is NOT the end of the world. If anyone has any questions, it doesn't bother me at all to talk about it, in any way shape and form. Just had a treatment today, so I'm pretty sure I mispelled a lot of crap, and I'm too tired to go back and fix my errors!

• 1 month later...

A quick update!

Just had my PET scan on 3/11. I am CLEAN! No active cancer whatsoever. Now I just need to go in every 3-6 months for 5 years to get a scan done.

This whole cancer ordeal has sucked, but in the end, it makes me appreciate life more. I am almost glad I went through it..

Thanks Brewerfan.net for keeping me company those long 6 months. This site and all of its users definitely helped me along in the process!

Congrats dude!

My dad booked a cruise from his hospital bed in March last year. Today he and my mom on in tahiti on the trip. He spent all summer in and out of uw madison with this as their goal. Last I heard they were scuba diving. How awesome is that?

Hope those scans keep coming up clean!

Stew

I clicked on this thread for the first time today, and I feel like I just watched a seasons worth of episodes on my DVR - and with a happy ending....very, very, happy to hear about the PET scan results......and BrewCrewStu, my ex mother in law, who is just an awesome person, is in her third year with mantle cell and is doing fairly well

• 6 months later...

Time for an update!

Had another CT scan on 9/26 and everything is still gone!

The worst part of getting this cancer is probably the time between tests. I have never felt such a huge amount of anxiety and depression before in my life.

During the treatments = hard physically.

Post treatments = hard mentally!

What makes things even harder is that I stopped paying most of my bills when I found out I was sick. Man, I regret doing that crap. My credit score is lower then my white blood cell count after a treatment. ZING!

Archived