Brewer Fanatic

6/27/2006 Brewers (Zach Jack) @Cubs (CraZy Man) 7:05pm CDT

B2k1121
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Good intentions, but the philosophy behind that is that people can just have one of the PBP sites open to provide that data, while the IGT is more for commentary.

I totally understand. It's been a while since i had the entire game free(not working, or out), so i figured i would do it(i thought it was allowed before, so i didn't check the FAQs).

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I had this sick feeling the whole game, watching the Cards, Reds and Astros losing, and thinking, man, if we can win this game, that would be HUGE! But, we pulled it out, even though it didn't seem like it was going to happen, and hopefully that momentum continues today and tomorrow. Afternoon baseball at the friendly confines? I'll be watching! Things are definitely looking up for the Crew!

No ribbon board, no outfield panel advertising, no jumbotron, no Sandy Max, no picnic area, no escalators, no kiss cam, no problem! Wrigley is Classic.

There were 4 girls in front of me who went through 3 entire disposable cameras on ?hold your arm out in front of you and snap yourself? and ?the cotton candy guy is hot? photos, along with 8 Buttweisers for the one token whale-of-a lush (I did have to count because she was getting increasingly distracting)

My top of the 9th conversation with the guy behind me:

Me: Thank you for attempting to reverse the stereotype about Cubs fans (as the aforementioned lush stumbled out to the aisle)

Him: What do you mean?

Me: Well, you?re actually quite a knowledgeable and civil fan

Him: Actually, I?m a White Sox fan, I?m only here because I love baseball.

Me: (shrug)

Lush: Don?t worry, I?ve got 2 trains until I get to my car.

The angst in Wrigley was ?cut it with a knife? palpable. After the second error I had to actually had to sit down and restrain my cheering because it felt inappropriate, like laughing at a stranger who was just hit by a car in front of their friends. But people there were still overwhelmingly happy. Like you know what to expect if you buy a ticket to a production of a greek tragedy.

Grey beard Cirillo is clutch.

Capellan & Turnbow: both of D Lee?s Ks were sick sick sick.

The fight was typical frat party Wrigley. Everybody stood up, turned their backs to the game and watched em go. I credit the players on the field for still playing amid the raucous.

Yost is still uncomfortable with Turnbow, as evidenced by the warming of the bullpen in bottom 9. And it must?ve sucked for Turnbow to pitch and see the bullpen activity simultaneously. He?s got some work to do before reaching ?shut-down? status.

perfect night, imperfect baseball, great time.

MLB pays as much attention to someone running down what happened as I pay attention to fat chicks.

....except when they hold MLB fan sites under a microscope, which they do.

Not saying that it'd get the site in trouble, just suggesting that if they were looking for a reason, that'd be something they could use against the site.

Archived