Brewer Fanatic

8/11/08 Nationals (Mock) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to the rest of this thread, Counsell is not much above Little League level, so you'd have to figure most of the Nationals to be better than him...
are you watching this game? defensively, he's solid, and while I have no problem with him taking up a roster spot on this team to be used as a late inning defensive replacement in the middle infield/spot starter to give regulars breaks, he should NOT be taking ABs away from Branyan by starting at third against righties.

I'm not claiming that Counsell is the second coming of Mike Schmidt fer chrissakes, just that the "OMGz, Counsell Sucks" posts ad nauseum are getting old. Okay, you don't agree he should be playing - fair enough. Move along.

We sound like Cubs fans railing on Neifi all the time...

endaround[/b]]
sheethead wrote:

I can get on board with this, but it would have to be someone who plays the infield. Belliard has a terrible attitude, and only makes those around him worse. Same with Milledge. Same with Willie Harris. None of these players have enough talent or upside to make up for their personality.

Your forgetting Guzman and Bonifacio both of whom I'd take over Counsell easily.

I agree. I was referring to today's lineup when I made the jest comment.

I am not even going to try to figure out why Craig gets a start next. I will just put on a Ned Yost grin and look away. He. Is. Awful.

Is it me, or has it been a while since Kendall has thrown a runner out. He started the year off great, but it seems like lately he has been unable to stop any runners. Could be his 3000+ consecutive innings caught.

Guys with questionable speed have stopped running on him. I've noticed his lack of outs lately, but its not like everyone is running wild on him.

Bob Carpenter on Dave Bush: "If this guy's their number 5, they're better than we thought they were."
It's amazing how much better the team seems to be when you get a bunch of guys playing to or near their potential.

Speaking of which, does Prince still have that hitting streak going?

Bob Carpenter on Dave Bush: "If this guy's their number 5, they're better than we thought they were."
It's amazing how much better the team seems to be when you get a bunch of guys playing to or near their potential.

Speaking of which, does Prince still have that hitting streak going?

He went 0-for yesterday.

I like that we are seeing more pitching changes like this from Ned. In the past, he's given the pitchers too many chances to try and get out of trouble and it seemed to backfire too often. The bullpen is fresh and a lefty is coming up so I like this a lot.

Archived