Brewer Fanatic

8/11/08 Nationals (Mock) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
I don't see any National in that starting lineup I would take at Nashville. Maybe Milledge, but probably not.
Uhhhhh.... If we had a 3rd baseman like Ryan Zimmerman, the Cubs might be looking up at the Brewers as the division leader right now.

Because of his stellar 8HR, .312 OBP and .720 OPS? Yeah, I could see how that would get us another 5 wins.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see any National in that starting lineup I would take at Nashville. Maybe Milledge, but probably not.

I would take Harris, Zimmerman, Kearns, Milledge, Belliard and Nieves in Nashville, and most of those guys could fit on the major league roster, too.

The current Brewers roster? You really think that? I would take Zimmerman over Counsell, and that is about it for me if we need to go literal.

According to the rest of this thread, Counsell is not much above Little League level, so you'd have to figure most of the Nationals to be better than him...

I can get on board with this, but it would have to be someone who plays the infield. Belliard has a terrible attitude, and only makes those around him worse. Same with Milledge. Same with Willie Harris. None of these players have enough talent or upside to make up for their personality.

sheethead wrote:

I can get on board with this, but it would have to be someone who plays the infield. Belliard has a terrible attitude, and only makes those around him worse. Same with Milledge. Same with Willie Harris. None of these players have enough talent or upside to make up for their personality.

Your forgetting Guzman and Bonifacio both of whom I'd take over Counsell easily.

I would definitely take Zimmerman and probably Milledge. If nothing else, stash them in AAA for a little bit of seasoning.

Remember that Zimmerman came out of that 2005 draft, and that was considered to be something of a "Year of the Third Baseman" in part because of him. He's still young and has lots of talent.

Hey! We scored a run!

According to the rest of this thread, Counsell is not much above Little League level, so you'd have to figure most of the Nationals to be better than him...

are you watching this game? defensively, he's solid, and while I have no problem with him taking up a roster spot on this team to be used as a late inning defensive replacement in the middle infield/spot starter to give regulars breaks, he should NOT be taking ABs away from Branyan by starting at third against righties.

Archived