Brewer Fanatic

8/11/08 Nationals (Mock) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weeks has put up a line of .284/.395/.433/.828 since the all star break so I'm still confused as to why people complain when he is starting at this point.

I won't complain today, but some people might point to Rickie's consistant ability to botch routine double plays.

So now that Weeks is playing as well as we expected him to, people think that is an aberration and he will start playing poorly again? I would be more inclined to think that Durham starts to drop off since I think he played over his head for the first part of the season and Weeks starts to play better since he way underplayed compared to expectations the first part of the season.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

For those wondering Brewers Squeeze Play will be on at 7 tonight, 1:30 tonight, 6:30 tomorrow morning and at noon tomorrow.

Yeah, thanks Direct-suck-TV, for continuing to tell me that besides live sporting events, FSN-WI is no different than FSN-North.

So now that Weeks is playing as well as we expected him to, people think that is an aberration and he will start playing poorly again? I would be more inclined to think that Durham starts to drop off since I think he played over his head for the first part of the season and Weeks starts to play better since he way underplayed compared to expectations the first part of the season.

This is a valid opinion.

Rickie turns the DP!! Baby steps.

i can't stand these lineups. Counsell continues to hit out of the six hole. This is like a bad dream, recurring over and over again. I honestly thought ned was going to rivera another shot today as well. All logic goes out the window with neds nine.

Seriously you'd think that with braun out he'd consider replacing the power with branyan or even hall. How he continues to start counsell is just mind-blowing.

I guess that is an IGT vent and we are trying to avoid them, so my bad. I just needed to post my thoughts on this stupid line up.

Yeah, Rickie does have tremendous power. A couple years ago I watched the team take batting practice through the outfield panels (they weren't letting fans in yet), and saw Rickie hit some ridiculous bombs off the scoreboard. I swear he has just as much raw power as anyone on the team, Braun and Fielder included. It's just a matter of him making solid contact...that's why it's so frustrating to see him struggle.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Rickie's always been like that, though. When he does get all of it, they fly. It's crazy the power you see in his homers when it's not at all apparent elsewhere in his hitting.

If you watch the side angle of his HR, he kept his hands nice and quiet (finally). Smooth, effortless swing, not the choppy wrists that cause him to pop up a lot.

Hopefully this continues, his bat speed his fine, he doesn't need to speed up his hands.

Archived