Brewer Fanatic

Is Trenni going to be back next year?

InBraunWeTrust

It's just another instance of me showing my age...

Well, I'm right there with you crazy old man http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif...doing the female thing for sports events seems like a recent development to me also, has it really been 10-15 years. Reminds me of a recent realization I had regarding my kids and other young people...anyone under 20 has only ever lived with the President being named Clinton or Bush (that just seems weird, no political point intended).

Speaking of the female interviewers being less likely to be blown off, i thought Coushun's interview with Prince last night was a little awkward.

I think that is one of the reasons FSN hired her. Craig Coshun seems like a nice guy and does ok as a host, but interviewing is not a strength of his.

It is possible that some players may be more willing to speak to Trenni because she is easy on the eyes and fun to talk to, but she asks decent questions. I believe she is an asset to Brewers broadcasts. The comfort level that players have with her provide better answers and give me a little more insight into the players than I would normally have, and I enjoy that.

I bring this up because I am almost positive that Trenni had a huge gathering of family and friends at Miller Park recently and that they were dressed up in pirate garb. I think I remember them talking about during the broadcast or pregame. Apparently the Pirates weren't on their best behavior. This was on the WTMJ website:

Jeff,

I know in the past you have talked about bad behavior on the part of fans.

I want to tell you about an incident that happened at the Brewer game Saturday, August 9.

My wife and I have a ticket package so we don't usually sit in the bleachers, but we went with a group of about 50 friends from Kenosha. We were in section 234 and we had a block of tickets for row 13 and up.

Just as the game is starting, a group of adults dressed in pirate garb and badges with "Kap & Keg" comes in. They were in the same section as us. They had rows 1-12 it looked like. The game is on and all these people who are already very drunk and loud are now standing in front of us shuffling around looking for their friends to sit next to.

This went on through the entire first inning.

They finally all got sat down by the second inning, except for one guy. He was probably the leader of the group. He was the best dressed pirate, but was always standing up, pointing at his friends and yelling in very vulgar language.

About the fifth inning or so, several of them in the row right in front of us started fighting with each other. One lady in our group received a hard hit on her knee from someone in this group. She wasn't the target, but these drunks were just all over. A person from our group went up to find security because no one came to break it up. The fighting went on for maybe 10 minutes. Security did take 2 or 3 away. The lady in our group that got wacked on her knee, was there with her daughter for her first ever Brewer game. They ended up leaving right after that.

The drunken party below us continued for the rest of the game. Many of them were standing and singing pirate drinking songs. I bet they had maybe 100 in their group and not one could have ever told you what the score of the game was.

About the eighth inning, my wife went to the restroom. Soon, a young man and woman squeezed into the spot my wife was sitting. I told them that they were in her seat, but they said that they were with the pirate group and had the right to sit anywhere they wanted to.

I had had enough. Even though this punk/thug was 40 years younger than I am, I stood up and in so many words, suggested to him that he leave my wife's seat before I play hide the hot dog he holding in one of his body cavities.

They did get up and leave, but not until he swore at me. We then left to go home before the ninth inning. That was the first time in 50 years that I ever left a ball game early.

I'm still researching this Kap & Keg group, but we have written to the Journal/Sentinal and the Brewers president.

I sorry for the rant, but it was a very bad experience for us. I'm not a prude, but this drunken behavior at Miller Park needs to stopped.

Thank you

Bruce

I dont know.. I understand the behavior is weird... but....

If you plan on going to a baseball game... there is a possibility you will run into a group of drunken idiots having their own kind of fun. I think almost everyone here can recount a time in your past where you had just too much fun in public. It doesn't bother me and someone complaining about it short of injury or grave verbal abuse is probably getting upset just to get upset. Let it go.

Trenni's group was on camera during the game, and she interviewed a couple of them. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention, and I certainly didn't notice their garb, but I can definitely say her group wasn't in the bleachers.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It doesn't bother me and someone complaining about it short of injury or grave verbal abuse is probably getting upset just to get upset. Let it go.

Honestly, I feel like it's that kind of apathy that just allows things to get worse. I'm not going to get angry about some drunk not paying attention to the game, but when they start flailing and hitting me, or dropping f-bombs around kids, it's time for them to exit.

She was on am540 yesterday guest hosting Homer's show. During her interview with One of the new players, I forget which but he was a point guard, She interduced herself as the bucks pregame, sideline, postgame reporter.

You get your wish Mr QL.

Archived