Brewer Fanatic

Is Trenni going to be back next year?

InBraunWeTrust
I remember in the beginning of the year she didn't seem too happy to be back in Wisconsin, saying she never thought she'd ever come back. Is this just a very temporary thing? Apart from being a cute face on the TV, she's does a really great job. She's' added a lot to the broadcasts and it would definitey be disappointed to see her go.

I don't remember that? I thought she was real happy to come back and work for her home town team? I could be wrong though.
I probably said that wrong --- she just said she never thought she'd move back to Wisconsin.

I thought she said that in a happy way from the way her interview that I read sounded. Like she wanted to live in WI but never thought her job path would take her there.

What's Trenni's updated WARR (Wins Above Replacement Reporter)?

I think we're very lucky to have a sideline reporter that actually doesn't waste most of the viewers' time with 'Hey! Look at THESE crazy fans!' crap. I think Trenni could very realistically get a shot at p-b-p sometime down the road. She really does her homework & is a consummate professional on-air.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

TooLiveBrew wrote:

She really does her homework & is a consummate professional on-air.

I remember one specific post game interview with Yost where some reporter made some crack about Kendall only hitting a HR every third year or something. Trenni corrected him right away(so did Yost). Reminding the other guy that Kendall hit 3 last year.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I actually did like Brainerd. His humor was definitely needed during a couple of those seasons.

Trenni has been a tremendous addition to the broadcasts. She seems to be pretty popular with the fans, and makes a ton of appearances on local radio and elsewhere. I would expect she'll definitely be back next year, barring some offer of a national media job. She also seems to be much more knowledgeable about the Brewers and baseball than some past people who filled that role (Ann Carrol being number one).

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I'm not a fan of the "every broadcast must have a female" trend of late, as it leads to bad things like the aforementioned Ann Carrol. Conversely, I think that a woman that is as good as (or better than) most male broadcasters should not be slighted in any way due to her gender. That being said, I hope Trenni stays on for a while before going national. She's the best broadcaster we have (outside the booth). Trenni and Cirllo should be the "on field" and "Brewers Live" team. The rest should all go.

And while we're on the subject of broadcasters, I hope to God they secure the services of B. A. in the booth for a very long time. I can't even imagine Sutton screaming and salivating all over the place anymore (thank goodness). I've kinda been "anti Rock" for a while, but coupled with B. A. he's been great. I love the chemistry between them.

Trenni isn't filling the Ann Carroll role. She's filling the role handled by Craig Coshun and Bob Brainerd over the past few years.

Craig Coshun and Jeff Grayson (with occasional substitutes) would be the Ann Carroll replacements.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I think Trenni is really good. She's a lot better interviewer than Craig Coshun. Craig is the master at both asking a question and answering it all in one sentence.

I remember one post game question of Craig's last year to Claudio Vargas: "Claudio tell about the 5th inning when you loaded the bases and had trouble getting your breaking ball over, then found your control and got the batter to hit into the run saving double play." Claudio just stared at him for 6 seconds and didn't know what to say.

Here is the quote that was referenced in the beginning of this thread. It was misunderstood for sure.

Looking at your career, did you ever think you'd come back to work in Milwaukee?

You know, it's funny you ask that. When I left, I never thought I'd come back. I had left with the intention of "I worked here once before" and kind of had assumed my tenure was over. I don't know what it really was, I kind of hit a plateau professionally in Pittsburgh and probably about, I don't know, the beginning of the baseball season last year started to put the wheels in motion to move, but I wasn't really sure where I wanted to go or what I wanted to do. So, I actually quit and I came home in November and kind of took some time to really evaluate what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go. I probably could have held out. My agents were in talks with people in Boston and Philadelphia and San Francisco. I probably could have held out and gone to a bigger market, but when push came to shove, when I thought about covering sports, I wanted to cover a team I was really passionate about because it just makes it more fun. Otherwise it's just kind of a job. That's what made me decide to stay here. I wanted to be back kind of close to friends and family, but I also knew if I was going to continue to do sports full time, I really wanted to do it with a team and around a team that I would get just as psyched up about wins and losses as the fans.

Thanks for that excerpt in 21. It's interesting to compare her to a beat guy like Drew Olson. He followed the bad Brewers for so long and hung out with the no cheering in the press box writers that his fandom of the Brewers was pretty much stripped away. Trenni is obviously reporting on the team, but she is also promoting the team, so her objectives and approach are much different.

I'm not a fan of the "every broadcast must have a female" trend of late...

It mostly seems like they always want a female for the on field interviews. I just figured this was sort of an insurance strategy...players are pretty unlikely to blow off Erin Anderson if she wants to talk to them.

He followed the bad Brewers for so long and hung out with the no cheering in the press box writers that his fandom of the Brewers was pretty much stripped away.

Fwiw, press boxes tend to have posted "No cheering" signs... the equivalent to "No pepper games", I guess. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

jeffyscott,

It's just another instance of me showing my age. When I say "of late," I mean in the last 10 to 15 years. I often forget that to a lot of members here, 10 or 15 years is almost a lifetime. And there is no disrespect intended in that... I am constantly in awe at the knowledge here. I just try and keep up as best I can.

I do, however, think that I should be promoted to "crazy old man."

Number of professional sports sideline reporter gigs in Milwaukee: 1 or 2 (I don't follow basketball enough to know if they have one). I can see where Trenni didn't think she would ever be back in Milwaukee.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived