Brewer Fanatic

3,000,000 in attendance. Latest: 3,000,000th ticket sold per JSOnline

wisconsinfan47

23,478 on April 22nd is the lowest total for one game. I count 10 games under 30,000 for the year.

My attendance spreadsheet shows the same "low water mark" (April 22). But it also shows 11 sub-30,000 games:

April 8 (27717) - Tuesday

April 10 (25023) - Thursday

April 22 (23478) - Tuesday

April 24 (23905) - Thursday

May 12 (25757) - Monday

May 13 (26465) - Tuesday

May 14 (27562) - Wednesday

May 27 (28872) - Tuesday

June 2 (27562) - Monday

June 3 (29478) - Tuesday

June 4 (27359) - Wednesday

The last under-40,000 attendance (and non-sellout) was on July 9 (37092).

The last under-35,000 attendance was June 18 (34442).

When the first Friday night game we attended (Marlins, April 25) drew 40,088, that was when I started to wonder how big an attendance year this was going to be.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jsonline is reporting that todays game is a complete sellout even standing room only.
My wife and I tried getting tickets to today's game over a month ago and there weren't even standing-room-only tickets available then via brewers.com. By coincidence the alternate game that we picked (9/7/2008) happened to be a bobble-head day too and only had standing-room-only tickets available for that day (at least for two adjacent tickets). We ended up overpaying on StubHub just to get to go see the Brewers play in person again this year.

mtrebs wrote:

By coincidence the alternate game that we picked (9/7/2008) happened to be a bobble-head day too and only had standing-room-only tickets available for that day (at least for two adjacent tickets).

I bought tickets for that game in March.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I say Wednesday afternoon the 3rd. Monday is sro. tuesday is a amaco night and the upper deck is sold out there are good seats down the first base and third base lines and there are plenty of seats for wednesday afternoon.

Congratulations to my fellow Brewers fans on this awesome accomplishment. I think it's great that the Brewers fans are proving what many of us said all along...If the Brewers put a good team on the field, the fans will come out to see them. I've been a diehard since 1999 when I went to my first Brewers game after moving to the area the previous winter. My wife and I moved away from Milwaukee in spring 2007, which is when the team really started to gel. Just my luck! Well, at least the Phillies are also playing some good ball here, although I don't care about them half as much as the Brew Crew (and I was born and raised in the Philly area!)

I'm looking forward to seeing the Brewers make the playoffs, that in itself will be a dream come true for me.

Hello to all my old buddies who used to hang around the AOL Brewers message board and the Team Club, way back when in the dark days of Brewer fandom.

So what is the new goal this season. Can we reach 3 and a quarter? 3 and a half?

No, that isn't possible at this point. If they average 42,000 over the last 16 home games, they will reach 3.14 million. Remember, the majority of the tickets for the upcoming games are already sold and included in that 3 million number.

If they sell out an entire season (41,600), that would put a season total at 3.37 million. So they really aren't that far from selling out a whole season (next year?). Some postseason success could help in April/May of next year.

Our stadium simply isn't big enough for us ever to reach the 4M plateau unfortunately... I'm curious also how they calculate Market size. Isn't Milwaukee something like the 16th biggest city in the country? I imagine the suburbs and stuff count, but for some reason i find that our marketing ourselves as the "smallest market" is a bit inaccurate.

Maybe we have the smallest TV contract or something, but i'm curious to actually find our what is exactly considered the Brewers market.

EDIT: Found these 2005 numbers

Milwaukee: 569,000 plus Waukesha, Brookfield, Racine, Kenosha, West Bend, Delafield, Pewaukee....
Seattle 573,000
Boston 559,000 (major suburbs i'd imagine)
Denver 557,000
Atlanta 470,000 (major suburbs)
Cleveland 452,000
Kansas City 444,000
Oakland 395,000
Minneapolis 372,000 (St. Paul)
Arlington (Texas) 362,000 - no idea how this market is divided
Cincinnati 308,000
Pittsburgh 334,000

Market size is based on boundaries defined by Nielsen Media Research.

Of course, there's the added factor of media markets in the vicinity of the "main" market. The Madison and Green Bay markets, for instance, would be part of Brewers territory, but aren't part of the "market size."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Interesting... i just think classifying us as the smallest market is somewhat subjective.

Given the financial backing from the Milwaukee Area

A publicly financed new stadium

The overall sports crazy environment of Wisconsin (Badgers & Packers especially)

i don't think its more of an accomplishment for us to do this than say the Twins, Royals, Pirates etc...

It's all about the size of the metro areas. For example, Jacksonville is the largest city in Florida, but is a distant third in terms of total size and relevance. Milwaukee ranks as the 38th largest US metro area:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...politan_Statistical_Areas

We'll see how the Pirates and Royals do when their teams are finally good. I expect good things from them -- they're good football fans who love their city. I wouldn't expect any change when their teams stop sucking. Minnesota's sports fanbases, sans the Wild, are generally unimpressive. I think Milwaukee fans have done a great job.

Just want to congratulate the fans of Wisconsin for supporting the Brewers in record numbers, especially for a market of our size.

I am proud of our franchise and our fan base. Hopefully things will only get bigger.

TwinsBrewersWorldSeries wrote:

Milwaukee: 569,000 plus Waukesha, Brookfield, Racine, Kenosha, West Bend, Delafield, Pewaukee....

Seattle 573,000

Boston 559,000 (major suburbs i'd imagine)

Denver 557,000

Atlanta 470,000 (major suburbs)

Cleveland 452,000

Kansas City 444,000

Oakland 395,000

Minneapolis 372,000 (St. Paul)

Arlington (Texas) 362,000 - no idea how this market is divided

Cincinnati 308,000

Pittsburgh 334,000

I'm not sure where you got those numbers or how they were calculated... but those numbers cannot be accurate. I lived in the Twin Citites until '98 (went to college at the U) and the Twin Cities metropolitan area was roughly 2 times the size of Milwaukee.

I just looked at bucks2281 wiki table and that looks much more like what I would have expected to see. The number of households relative to this market has been documented many times, Milwaukee is without a doubt the smallest market in all of MLB.

On a related note, Austin continues to explode... I was there in 2000 and the city was struggling to adapt to the population boon then, I wonder how it's doing now, especially the interstate system? I'm not sure I'll ever get over seeing people just leave the highway and drive up the embankment to the frontage road, and just leave the frontage road and drive down the embankment to the highway. They did it so often they actually had the tire tracks worn through the grass, like a fire lane up here in the sticks, and made their own on and off ramps. I was driving the rental car with friends from Minnesota and California at the time and when the first truck jumped curb and went up the embankment we were all floored... funny how after 3 days of seeing people do it we didn't hardly take notice anymore.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Milwaukee: 569,000...
I'm not sure where you got those numbers or how they were calculated... but those numbers cannot be accurate.
Thats the population of the cities he posted, not the entire metro areas themselves. I think Milwaukee's metro area is roughly 1.7 Million people.

(pared back long quote --1992)

Archived