Brewer Fanatic

3,000,000 in attendance. Latest: 3,000,000th ticket sold per JSOnline

wisconsinfan47

I doubt if they have a new stadium being built without that contraction threat. They went from saying the Twins should play games at an expanded Midway and move it to the Dome if it looked like rain to approving a new ballpark in just a couple years. That doesn't happen without something pushing things along.

Much like negative political ads, no one likes threats, but people use 'em because they work.

By the way, PIT seems to be on the correct track for the time in ages. They are not a bad team, and they are young and building properly. I see a light at the end of the tunnel. The best part is, their new GM doesn't give a rat's behind what the fans think. If you start listening to the fans, you'll never win, as 90% of them do not have a clue.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you start listening to the fans, you'll never win, as 90% of them do not have a clue.
I'm glad to see that most of us here on this site are in the 10% side of that statistic.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

If we sell out the remaining dates, and I know what constitutes a "sell-out" is debatable, I calculate we'll surpass 3.1 million in attendance. Truly a credit to the fans. Reminds me of the stories of how Milwaukee supported the Braves in the 50s. Perhaps this will develop into a true baseball town again.

If we sell out the remaining dates, and I know what constitutes a "sell-out" is debatable, I calculate we'll surpass 3.1 million in attendance. Truly a credit to the fans. Reminds me of the stories of how Milwaukee supported the Braves in the 50s. Perhaps this will develop into a true baseball town again.
I'm pretty sure Milwaukee has been a good baseball town again, at least for the last couple of years. Milwaukee fans have historically shown that if the team is good, they will show up.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

If you start listening to the fans, you'll never win, as 90% of them do not have a clue.
For Reference, see Green Bay Packer fan base.

Brewers are now 9th in all of baseball attendance and moved ahead of Boston.
Even though Fenway's capacity is smaller than Miller Park, I consider this a high mark of achievement. I imagine every Red Sox game has sold out this year, but I could be wrong.

Al is spot-on about the new park for the Twins. Those clowns should praise, rather then bury Bud for the contraction threat.

Exactly, especially considering how even die hard Twins fans admit that the Metrodome is a terrible place to see a baseball game.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

When you consider the fact that Milwaukee is the smallest market in the MLB, this is pretty impressive. I can't imagine that Mark A ever envisiioned getting to that number unless it came after a playoff run the previous year. This year will be hard to duplicate but there were some sub 30,000 games this Spring. We didn't have any sub 20,000 games this year did we? As long as the Crew remains competitive I see no reason that this can't continue, mabnye not 3M every year but atleast 2.7 or 2.8.

EDIT: I also will add it is absolutely insane that GB has the smallest market of any professional sports city yet they have had like a bajillion straight sell outs. GB's market area was about 599,000 people, the next lowest was Edmonton with 938,000. That is just crazy.

Today's Milwaukee Journal Sentinel wrote:
SEASON TOTAL (63 dates): 2,212,136 (35,113 avg.)

2007 ATTENDANCE (63 dates): 2,211,507 (35,103 avg.)

Actually, 2,379,915 (37,776 avg.) have paid to show up at games. The discrepancy is the result of an attendance tax imposed by the commissioner. 167,779 fans have been distributed among the Marlins, Royals, Pirates, and Athletics. ESPN's attendance page shows the pre-tax figures.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

From what I've heard, sellouts are a 99% certain for the rest of the season.

Boy, I dunno. You can get some pretty good seats during the week in September. Not to say they won't sell (I just bought a bunch), perhaps people will buy them because they are the only ones available, but I guess I'd be a little surprised. September 8th in particular - even though I am goung that night.

My question is whether they can sell out the rest of the season. Some of the weekday September games could be tough, but the playoff race could help that.

That would make 37 straight sellouts and 54 total for the season (2/3rds of the season would be sellouts).

There is no question about it. They are going to. Although they may have a few of those iffy games where it might not be but they still say it is for no one really knows how many seats are in the ballpark.

Before you know it, the last homestand of the year (Pit and Cubs) will be completely sold out. I'm glad I got my tickets early. I just can't imagine what that stadium will be like during that homestand if we are closing in on a playoff birth or just on the heels of somebody.

The more success the Brewers have, the more season ticket packages will be sold. This will leave fewer seats for the "bandwagon" fans, and should lead to more baseball educated, and enjoyable crowds.

I'm at every game and I've been there doing it for alot longer then you may even think. So I'm well infrom what you get with large crowds and I can tell you this has Already happen.

They been having sell out crowds and almost all of them are leval headed fans that you don't even notice are there if you don't want to pay attention to them.

Brewerfan likes to discourage daily posting of stuff that can be easily looked up, but since the Journal Sentinel has the attendance wrong again, I guess this stops qualifying as stuff that can easily be looked up.

2008 total... 2,423,208 (64 dates, average: 37,863)

As Al pointed out earlier, last year's attendance is probably wrong, too.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Before you know it, the last homestand of the year (Pit and Cubs) will be completely sold out. I'm glad I got my tickets early. I just can't imagine what that stadium will be like during that homestand if we are closing in on a playoff birth or just on the heels of somebody.

Same here. We can hope the Cubs will be 4 Games behind us and the Cardinals when the cubs come here and there fans can express mail there tickets back.

Archived