Brewer Fanatic

3,000,000 in attendance. Latest: 3,000,000th ticket sold per JSOnline

wisconsinfan47
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ugh, 1992casey, that is a terrible promotion. I realize that they already did the Wisconsin coins but, jiminy, that is just horrible. They couldn't get Brewers anything for that game? Brewers Oven Mitts? Brewers Thermo-Stein? Brewers Mini-Bobble of Jim Powell?

NOTHING like that? They have to do Illinois coins? Puh-lease, Promotions department.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

pitchleague wrote:

I think that after the novelty of winning the World Series wore off in Toronto and Ari zona, the majority of fair weather fans had seen what they wanted to see and lost interest.

This statement is right on the money, ESPECIALLY in Arizona as I witnessed that first hand. I know I was that way last year during the post-season (I was holding out for World Series tickets, FWIW).

I know the rules about double-quoting, but I pared it back. I just wanted to expound on this a little bit and wonder outloud if it may be more profitable for the team to reach the NLCS or WS, but not win it. Would the novelty of winning the World Series actually send the following season's attendence into 2.25M or 2.50M levels simply because the ultimate goal has been achieved? Or would the sale of WS Champion merchandise trump the lose of tickets the following season?

I would think corporate sales/group sales would go WAY up if the team won the World Series. This might not bring in the bandwagon fans as much, but having a party/corporate gathering at a baseball game being played by the defending WS Champs is pretty much a lock to be a hit. Everybody loves a winner.

If anything, a WS wins would earn the Brewers MORE FANS, or people who might just tune in for the WS and decide to "check out the team" the next year.

My guess is that Coins of America probably came forward with the promotion offer, and that unless the Brewers were offered something like Jack Daniels samples in airline bottles (alcohol plus superb projectile potential), they'd be inclined to accept the offer.

lcbj68c, nested quotes aren't expressly prohibited; they're to be handled with care. Ya done fine.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It will be 21 straight sellouts, and the rest of the season is possible.

There are very few tix left for September 1, as well. A true test will be the Monday, September 8 game. If they can sell out a Monday in early September when the Packers are playing, they can sell out any game.

I just wanted to expound on this a little bit and wonder outloud if it may be more profitable for the team to reach the NLCS or WS, but not win it. Would the novelty of winning the World Series actually send the following season's attendence into 2.25M or 2.50M levels simply because the ultimate goal has been achieved? Or would the sale of WS Champion merchandise trump the lose of tickets the following season?

Attendance always seems to increase the year after a team peaks at a pennant or World Series championship from the year the pennant or championship was won. http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/attend.shtml

You can't buy advance tickets for a World Series winner instead of just a contender until the next season.

The more success the Brewers have, the more season ticket packages will be sold. This will leave fewer seats for the "bandwagon" fans, and should lead to more baseball educated, and enjoyable crowds.

With another 3 million anticipated next year, and if 4 packs of terrace season tickets stay at a fairly low price, a lot of season tickets will be bought solely for resale. MLB seems to be taking a cut from StubHub/Ebay.

The BP promotion has been a huge player in the attendance. The promotions/marketing dept. planned that perfectly, using dates and opponents that wouldn't have normally drawn crowds. I was shocked when I tried to buy tickets to the Nationals series last week about a month in advance and was told SRO. I can't say enough good things about the marketing people over the past 2-3 seasons.

Tristar is correct, the marketing is 5x better than when the Seligs were in charge. It was said the only ad budget they had was purchased in trade for good tickets with the ad agency, and it showed. From the Braun/Hart voting to the promos and ticket deals, they are on another level.

Community Moderator
The marketing has improved significantly, but it helps when demand is through the roof. If the Brewers are in last place, showering people with bobbleheads is about the only way to get sellouts.

Demand next year should be very high. I'd imagine we'd see some moderate ticket price increases for certain areas next year as well as more parking increases (probably all games will cost what just the weekend games cost this year). Depending on how much $ the Brewers see from concessions, I wouldn't be surprised (but would be very disappointed) if the very liberal carry-in policy goes away one of these years as well.

That's the price of success I guess. Beats the Bucks who are offering so many deals for ticket packages that they are practically giving them away and still can't get people to bite.

Of course it has to do with the product on the field, but even two years ago, when we were still a team that could-be, the marketing was really well done and got people excited about this young team that the general fan didn't know anything about.

The ticket promotions, On Deck, Block Parties, giveaways, reach out to the Latino Community and charity work all put the team in the spotlight. It helps that we have genuinely good guys on the team. Outgoing, charitable, personable guys like Suppan and Braun go a long way to endearing the fans. The primma donna thing isn't really a problem here and fans can relate to the team.

I am happy that the fan that "spins the turnstile" for the 3,000,000th time will be a Brewers fan.

Eeep... Well, maybe I'm speaking too soon... my ultra-conservative estimates, which have the crowds dipping into the 38Ks for the September mid-week games, have us hanging around 2,975,000 after game #159.

Crikey, if they announce, during that first Cubs game, a congratulatory "thank you fans" message and all the randy FIBs start hooting and hollering... that will not be a pretty - nor deserved - site.

I honestly think the books would get cooked to not let that happen.

EDIT:

based on input from above and projections... 3M should happen during the last game of the Pittsburgh series. Double Wow: considering the Pirates are next to last in the league (Marlins) for their home draw, Miller Park came on-line the same year as PNC, they will be commiserating in their MLB record-tying (?) 16th straight losing season... could not be a starker contrast in the direction of the 2 franchises for the past almost decade.

Kudos.

3M should happen during the last game of the Pittsburgh series.

Ooh ooh, it'll be me, I can feel it!

I'd gladly be the 3 millionth fan instead of winning a golf outing, Guillermo Mota signed bat or my height in Miller beer at Fan Appreciation Night.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I think this does say a lot about the city of Milwaukee. The Twins are in a pennant race right now and everytime I turn on Sportscenter and see Twins highlights, I see a lot of empty seats in the dome. I think that might change a bit with the new stadium being built up there, but it's worth noting.

Archived