Brewer Fanatic

6/28/2006 Brewers (Bush) @Cubs (Marmol) 1:20 pm CDT

B2k1121

I have to start this before someone else because I am now 2-0. Discuss.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/867/1141/70988.jpg Bush

5-6, 4.64

vs.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/867/1141/70989.jpg

Marmol

1-2, 4.98

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bill and Daron, everytime they mentioned Marmol, said he has good stuff....it's either going to be the typical first time seeing a pitcher and we make him look like God, or we're going to give him the baby seal award! Hopefully it's the latter.

This is a really big game for the Brewers. They have got the Cubs down big time. It is time to step on their collective throat and don't even give them the opportunity to get up. The way this series has gone thus far, and the way the Cubs are playing, 2-2 would be a tremendous disappointment. I fear that with a Cubs win today, and Prior (who threw much better in his last outing) going tomorrow, that would be a real possibility.

Regardless of the outcome today, anything short of three wins in this series with the first two already in the books - against Maddux and Zambrano no less, would be a big time indictment of the Brewers. If they want to consider themselves contenders, the next two days definitely provide an opportunity to demonstrate as much.

Quote:
We say stuff like that everytime they get to .500 and they never come through.

Completely agree. At some point they either have to take a step, or they are kidding us and/or we are kidding ourselves. If they come out and do what a team like the White Sox, Red Sox, Yankees, or Cardinals (well not the Cardinals of the last week), would do over the next couple days, I will be ready to be convinced. If they can then manage to go 6-4 or so over the final 10 before the break, I just may be convinced (also assuming Sheets and Ohka are well on there way back by then - you can win with offense this time of year, but come August/September you better have pitching).

I forgot all about the Baby Seal Award...didn't we used to have a sticky post somewhere with the criteria for it? Along with a glossary of other commonly used terms and their definitions and appropriate uses?

Here's to a mid-day Baby Seal award for Mr. Marmalade!

http://www.tigerhomes.org/animal/images/harp-seal-baby.jpg

Milwaukee Chicago Cubs --------- ------------ Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Weeks, Rickie 7 26 .285 CF Pierre, Juan 0 11 .249 SS Hall, Bill 15 37 .271 2B Walker, Todd 3 33 .296 RF Jenkins, Geoff 7 45 .256 1B Lee, Derrek 3 10 .298 LF Lee, Carlos 25 63 .273 3B Ramirez, Aramis 14 42 .249 1B Fielder, Prince 16 42 .291 LF Nevin, Phil 6 11 .257 3B Koskie, Corey 10 29 .261 RF Jones, Jacque 13 37 .290 C Moeller, Chad 2 5 .205 SS Cedeno, Ronny 2 20 .277 CF Gross, Gabe 7 19 .271 C Blanco, Henry 3 15 .227 P Bush, Dave (5-6, 4.64) P Marmol, Carlos (1-2, 4.98) 

Gross AGAIN in center!! I'm loving it! Will we ever see Brady in CF again? And the baby seal probably was forgotten because there hasn't been a need to give one to a Brewer pitcher for the last 2+ weeks! I'm pumped for this game! I think we can pull it out today and look for the sweep tomorrow!

Quote:
Ned just doesn't want to have three lefties in a row.
I see the rational. But 5 for 35, 1 R, 0 RBI, and 12 K in the last month is a rally killer. He is definitely Bad Chad, and I am never joyed to see him in the lineup. Snap out of it Bad Chad!!

I still wish the best hitter on our team wasn't hitting 5th.

I think ned is protecting Lee so he gets to see some pitches. Prince IMO has the best eye on the team and will not get himself out a lot.

Jenks should be in the 3 spot against righties, imo.

If he gets into his second half hot streak he will be moved back into the 3 spot.

Archived