Brewer Fanatic

Bonds is an idiot

craigharmann

craig he is incredible isn't he? Calling out Torre was interesting where I didn't know what he meant by saying he beat before. "Beat him"

I wonder if Torre was wondering what he was talking about.

Here are their career places:

Torre managing:

77-81 Mets

82-86 Atl

90-95 Cards

96-2006 Yanks

Barry's career:

86-92 Pitt

92-2007 SF

Barry's playoff opponents:

90 Cin (No Torre there)

91: Atl (Torre left 5 yrs earlier)

92: Atl (6 yrs earlier)

97: Fla: (Torre was with Yanks)

00: Mets: (see above)

02: Atl: (Torre left 16 yrs earlier this was Barry's first playoff win)

02: St L: (Torre left 7 yrs earlier but at lease it was a win)

02: Ana: (Torre is close to Anna now)

03: Fla: (Nope)

End of playoffs and no connection there.

The only time Torre managed a team in Barry's division was from 90-92

1990: Pittsburgh won 95 games vs the Cards 67

1991: Pitt won 98 games vs the Cards 84

92: Pitt won 96 games vs the Cards 83.

1990-92 when Pittsburgh last had great teams were better than most every team and Barry calls our Torre saying he beat him in the past. We knew Barry wasn't much of a team guy but bringing back something from 90-92? Wow!

There is no I in team Barry but there is a me!

Eh, I didn't find too much wrong with it. Yeah, the whole calling out Torre thing was out of nowhere, but the Giants/Dodgers rivalry is a pretty big rivalry, and it seemed like Bonds was playing into that. This would be like if Favre came back to Green Bay during a Bears game and started talking smack to the Bears. He seemed like he was just talking smack and nothing else, trying to lighten up the mood.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I thought he was just giving Torre a hard time - seemed like he was joking around to me.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Seriously? Man this guy could save 10,000 kittens and some people would rip him. I don't like the guy but I fail to see how he turned into being about him? The crowd called for him to speak and he was invited to the event. As for "calling out Torre." He was joking around, as someone stated the rivalry between the Dodgers and Giants is a pretty good one out in California and Barry was joking around about that to play it up for the fans. The guy is a jerk but sometimes its better to leave well enough alone.

i didn't think too much of it. It sounded stupid, but he was at least trying to be fun. I cant help but think he is black listed. I would absolutely love to plug him in the brewers lineup. imagine him in the one or two hole. .450 on base in front of braun and feilder. He would improve our lineup so significantly i wouldn't think twice about his d in left.

i didn't think too much of it. It sounded stupid, but he was at least trying to be fun. I cant help but think he is black listed. I would absolutely love to plug him in the brewers lineup. imagine him in the one or two hole. .450 on base in front of braun and feilder. He would improve our lineup so significantly i wouldn't think twice about his d in left.

If you don't care about his defense in left, where exactly do you have Braun playing?

I thought it was pretty classless, much like Barry overall in my opinion, for him to say most everything that he spewed out.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I'm more stunned that Giants fans still cheer him like crazy, even after every trace of him has been removed from AT&T/PacBell/CandleStick/Whatever.

I remember that being discussed on "The Show" on MLB-XM this past off-season, and a lot of Giants fans that called in were fairly peeved about it. Rob Dibble talked about how hypocritical it was for the Giants to do that after making so much money off Bonds for years, and I tend to agree. I don't like the guy either, but it's silly to shove his legacy off in some corner after all the hoopla regarding his home run chase.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived