Brewer Fanatic

Carlos Lee likely out for the year with a broken finger

hawing

Last year in baseball I broke my thumb playing baseball (believe it or not I was playing 3rd base, and a line drive hit right at me, I caught it even and it broke my thumb through the glove), luckily it was later in the season otherwise I would have been out for a while. Its impossible to squeeze a glove with a broken finger.

Tough break but a very easy injury to recover from. He should think of it as a nice vacation.

Hahaha, tough break. Not sure if you meant it to be a pun, but I found the wording rather humorous. I guess this sinks Houston's "playoff hopes", unless Wolf can play LF as well.

no, that's correct, razzzor. I checked that myself earlier tonight. I wish Carlos the best in his recovery, and as you said earlier, it's a fairly easy injury from which to return. Glad for Lee in that sense.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

He rates as 20 runs below average in LF which is really really hard to do, that is Manny territory. He has given back a large portion of his offense on defense so no way he has been worth that contract.

I like Lee a lot but I'm very glad we didn't re-sign him.

Too bad from a schedule perspective:

3 more games against the Crew this year, and that helps us a little, but:

Houston has

6 more games against the Cubs

4 more games against the Mets

3 more games against the Marlins

Houston, though they have a less than desirable record, can get streaky against good teams and put the hurt on. Though I'd rather face them without El Caballo, it would be better from a pennant race/wild card race perspective if he were still in the lineup.

From a human perspective, I wish him a painless and speedy recovery.

Not that this is a great comparison, but I broke my pinky in my little league days and was still able to play with a small cast that fit into my glove. it was my right hand (i'm left-handed), so when i batted i was able to just keep my pinky out straight and off the bat. now i doubt that Lee would do this, but it is possible that he could still play.

Archived