Brewer Fanatic

8/10/08 Nationals (Lannan) at Brewers (Parra): 1:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can Branyan hit now?

Wow. What a job by Rivera to punch that thing down the line. I do think Schroeder is right in that Rivera deserves a ton of credit for being good when he's out there because of how seldom he plays. That can't be easy, and he's the ultimate pro about it.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

The Nationals must be aware of the fact that Rickie Weeks has been a choker throughout his career. Otherwise conventional wisdom says you don't intentionally walk such a low contact guy like Branyan tied with a RISP. Of course Rickie Weeks is a low contact guy himself, but he could gain a 2-run lead without even going yard.

On a positive note, I have a man crush on Mike Rivera.

The Nationals must be aware of the fact that Rickie Weeks has been a choker throughout his career. Otherwise conventional wisdom says you don't intentionally walk such a low contact guy like Branyan tied with a RISP. Of course Rickie Weeks is a low contact guy himself, but he could gain a 2-run lead without even going yard.

On a positive note, I have a man crush on Mike Rivera.

Branyan was walked because its questionable if Rivera could score on a double much less a single. Branyan is a much greater power threat with the platoon advantage.

Archived