Brewer Fanatic

Bill Hall Rehab Start

sundevil1
So I decided to sit out in the good ol Arizona heat to watch Billys rehab start. So far he looks pretty fluid in center. I have not been able to tell if he is favoring the injury. His first at bat has ok. He took a lot of crap and then lined out to the first baseman. solid shot just right at him. In the second he caught two balls in center

I had to leave just before Billy took his second at bat. Also it was getting extremly hot out. Overall I would say that this little stint was a success. He looked good out in center (a little bored but so was I.) This league is the lowest of rookie ball and the talent is just not that good. Think high school baseball or a little worse since most of these guys are from the Caribbiean and probably have not had that much organized baseball. In the second inning Billy was in the field for a good half hour so I know that he was probably a little disgruntled.

There was probably a total of 5 fans there watching. I hope I can get this picture to stick because it was the best I shot today.

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxWtUq4P0-ofrj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQPQPxJG0xa0Qxv8uOc5xQQQJP0JnJPanPqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPee%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442

If he would have gotten a good pitch he could have hit one out off of the pitcher. Of all the pitches he saw, I do not think one was even close to the plate. This kind of sucks since he is trying to get some good swings in.

Just read on JSonline that he will play in one more game tomorrow for the AZ League Brewers and hopefully be in the lineup Wednesday.

Quote:
Any word on when Hall's game was today and what he has done in it?

His AB's so far have gone like this.

1st inning- Strikes out swinging

3rd inning- Pops out to 2nd base

4th inning- RBI single to right field

6th inning- Sacrifice fly to right field

His AB's so far have gone like this.

1st inning- Strikes out swinging

3rd inning- Pops out to 2nd base

4th inning- RBI single to right field

6th inning- Sacrifice fly to right field

A. He's not ready to be activated.

B. We better activate him soon before the crappy pitching ruins all of his mechanics.

BrewCrew, no, I fall into the "B" option above. If the original poster is correct that the pitching is horrible, then I'd rather get him out of there sooner rather than later. He'll wind up getting frustrated and flail at anything. The important thing is his ankle, not his stats. Bring him up!

BrewCrew, no, I fall into the "B" option above. If the original poster is correct that the pitching is horrible, then I'd rather get him out of there sooner rather than later. He'll wind up getting frustrated and flail at anything. The important thing is his ankle, not his stats. Bring him up!

Here, Here to that! I want Billy back in our lineup. We need some kind if spark, Ryan and Prince cant do it alone.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It probably will be Gwynn, for a couple of reasons.

First, the Brewers are going to need as many pitchers as possible with their doubleheader on Saturday.

Second, Gwynn is going to miss time going to see his dad get inducted into the HOF.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Archived