Brewer Fanatic

6/30 non brewer IGT

Overbay with a 3-run HR in the 1st inning and a 2-run HR in the 2nd inning tonight vs. Phillies.

2-2, 2 HR, 5 RBI. Nice start.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Cincy somehow won 9-8, this angers me.

They scored 4 in the 8th and 5 in the 9th, culminated with a walk-off grand slam off Mr. Bob Wickman.

It's not good for the Brewers in the standings, but I'm still snickering a bit, as I was rather anti-Wickman toward the end of his Brewers tenure.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

as I was rather anti-Wickman toward the end of his Brewers tenure.

I've basically been anti-every closer since Fingers. I've paced so many miles in the concourses of County and Miller that I'd easily qualify for a marathon. I can't remember the last save I actually saw in person--I've heard some, but rarely see them.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I've paced so many miles in the concourses of County and Miller that I'd easily qualify for a marathon.

Ah, burnieb, you've got a kindred spirit in hawing (when it comes to closers, at least). Reminds me of many walks I've taken around the ballpark (then and now)...Doug Henry, Mike Fetters, Bob Wickman, Luis Vizcaino, Mike DeJean (shaking fist at the sky), Dan Kolb (round one), Dan Kolb (round two). I've no doubt missed some names, but I've made my point.

My most recent concourse walk was that night Matt Wise gave up back to back jacks to the Padres. The terrace level guest relations people can tell the game is close or slipping away when they see me take a walk.

I can still watch Turnbow, though. Maybe it's his sheer size. Maybe it's the hair.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'd like to add Doug Jones and Dan Plesac to that esteemed list.

I'm pretty sure Wick and Fetters helped me log the most miles.

In the "don't see that very often" department, Colorado (Fogg) defeated Seattle (Moyer) 2-0 in a game that was played in all of 1:52.

Don't be late to that one.

Archived