Brewer Fanatic

8/9/08 Nationals (Redding) at Brewers (Sheets): 6:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not just take Ben out after 8 innings and 102 pitches? If Ned keeps letting Ben and CC throw 120 pitches a night, they'll have nothing left by the end of September. Let David Riske throw...the poor guy hasn't seen a baseball for like 3 weeks.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I really wish Ned didn't care about pointless things like complete game shutouts...they're nice when you need to give your bullpen a day off, but a lot of those guys haven't pitched for more than a week.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I'm ok with letting Benny finish it...it's a huge confidence builder for him. I hate Yost with a passion (I will no longer wish good will towards Yost after his comments last week regarding Fielder/Parra fight), but I'm pretty sure they know what the limits of Benny and CC are.

Keep it up Crew!

15 games over 500, highpoint thus far?

Nope. They were 16 games over .500 after they swept the Cardinals and again after they beat Houston.

That's 5 hits for Ben this year, isn't it? That's got to be a career high...

It's actually only a tie for third. He had 5 hits in 2003, 6 in 2002 and 9 in 2004.

wow only a 4 page game thread for a complete game shut out!

I guess everyone was either at the game or taking advantage of the nice weather. It was good to see Sheets bounce back, and it sort of feels like we have some nice momentum going

Archived