Brewer Fanatic

Member websites or blogs

GAME05

A lot of people on here run their own websites or have blogs and such, so what are they?

http://www.trailjournals.com/penshorn This is my online trail journal from 2005 when I thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail. It has pictures and is appropriate for kids to read.

http://www.professionaltravelguide.com I don't run it, but work for it. But since we get a good amount of travel-related threads, this is a free site that offers destination information from cities and countries around the world. Maybe next season I'll create some calendar entries for brewerfan.net softball.

Since I just let one shameful secret out of the bag in the name meaning thread, I'll dump another one here. It's a big day!

I write the Sports Blog on the Shepherd Express website. I also write cutesports.blogspot.com , which for most intents and purposes is the same as the Shepherd Blog. I just double post most of the time.

If anyone ever reads it, you'll see lots of information that can be directly traced back here. You all are a great source of information! Thanks

A lot of people on here run their own websites or have blogs and such, so what are they?

http://www.teamready.org - I write our newsletters and update the website for the charitable foundation that our camp staff alumni group started a few years ago.

(it's about time I add an avatar, so I'm going with our foundation logo)

What's a blog?

Their are a few places I write movie reviews that are listed, with links, in my signature. Cinema Fusion is where I write reviews for new releases, although the site has been pretty dead lately. I am a freelancer for UGO and write DVD reviews for them. Basically they send me DVD's of horrible movies with zero special features then ask me to write a review that focuses on the special features. Which means I basically make up stuff. It's pretty fun and it has turned into a nice little gig. I also have a super secret LJ humor blog that I don't really post on anymore.

But my pride and joy is my own site, Where the Long Tail Ends. It's a movie review site where I focus on finding old, obscure and sometimes awful movies and write reviews on them. I like reading long reviews and have gotten a bit tired of the 250 word snap shots of mainstream new releases that seemed to dominate most review sites. So I write rather long reviews that aren't always about the movies I am watching. I've enlisted one friend to help me out with it and another possibly lined up to contribute in the fall as well. And now my passion project is slowly but surely morphing into something else, though I still don't know what it will become.

Archived