Brewer Fanatic

8/8/08 Non-Brewers IGT

Blancofan1

Some games of note for the day.

Cubs (Lilly) vs Cards (Looper)

Phillies ( Blanton) vs Pirates (Mahalom)

Mets (Perez) vs Marlins (Nolasco)

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I didn't even realize they were on until I was flipping channels a few minutes ago. I thought it was a night game. Still 2-1 in the bottom of the sixth.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I didn't even realize they were on until I was flipping channels a few minutes ago. I thought it was a night game. Still 2-1 in the bottom of the sixth.

Afternoon game on Friday, night game on Sunday. Gotta love Cubs baseball!

Jim Edmonds is getting to be VERY annoying. It's like he was playing half-hearted in San Diego because they were losing but once he went to a contender he played more seriously again.

I didn't really like him with St. Louis. Now I REALLY don't like him.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Yeah, Edmonds has really surprised me with his resurgence in Chicago. he had a .969 OPS coming into the game today and now is 2 for 3 with 2 solo homers to tie the game at 2 in the bottom of the 7th.

With the way he has been playing for them and the contributions of Reed Johnson all year, the Cubs are much better at CF than I thought they would be before the year started.

may be setting up for the first of 3 25 inning games

Let's not be greedy. I was thinking about 23 innings today with a rain out tomorrow and 2 20 inning double header games on Sunday.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I knew Brenly wasn't in the booth. But for the longest time, they never said who it was. They just did: Dan Plesac. Wow!

- - - - - - - - -

since this is the 20th anniversary of the first wrigley night game (even though electricity was invented much earlier than that), hopefully the teams can accomodate PR's dream scenario of playing long enough to make 'em flick those lights back on to continue playing into the 25th.

Ryan Franklin still in to face the heart of the Cub order...this probably isn't going to end well for Cardinal fans

couldn't have been any more truth to it than that

Well, eleven innings isn't too bad. It'd be nice if they could duplicate that feat for the next couple of games. Of course, next time, try to make it a high-scoring affair so both teams have to go through a bunch of relievers http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived