Brewer Fanatic

6/30/2006 Brewers (Villanueva) @ Twins (Radke) 7:10pm CDT

thablingster
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow did we get hosed there. Not only was the runner out, but the ump starts to ring him up before calling him safe.

Then the jerk is about as confrontational as possible afterwards, knowing he made a big goof and had to defend himself.

Another piece of (expletive) umpire who thinks the fans paid to see him act like a moron.

It won't matter to the outcome of the game, but the umpire was almost completely in the wrong there. He screwed up the call and then kept getting in Ned's face afterward.

What a joke.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

come on, ease down... the runner tied the throw if not beat it...

and although i've never seen a wind up to before the safe call, it certainly wan't a punch-out / safe call.

nice to see ned get mad.

make. up. call. that's exactly what happens when a manager reaches down to grab em before heading out for a debate club meeting.

Had to be a make-up call to call Weeks safe from the garbage call made in the bottom of the 5th. Weeks looked out to me. I can't imagine how an umpire can justify his safe call by doing the jump step forward and then safe. I have umped for 15 years and have never called a guy safe like that.

Quote:
come on, ease down... the runner tied the throw if not beat it...

and although i've never seen a wind up to before the safe call, it certainly wan't a punch-out / safe call.

nice to see ned get mad.

make. up. call. that's exactly what happens when a manager reaches down to grab em before heading out for a debate club meeting.

Definitely nice to see Ned get mad.

As far as the runner beating out the throw, I assume you must be referring to the Twins runner, because Weeks was out easily.

I'm confident Jenks can turn this around, but there's no way a sub .700 OPS guy should be batting third. Jenks is now 2nd in the race for the worst individual OPS on the team, trailing only Bad Chad. (not counting Barnwell's 11 ab's)

Quote:
MLB has to put a stop to this confrontational crap by the umps.

You think if MLB started using suspensions and/or fines they could start controlling the umps?

I am out in NY so I am unable to see what happens, but it sounds like the ump sorta came after Ned... is that right?

Archived