Brewer Fanatic

Official Olympics Thread

gbpacker40
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone trying to stay up until 1:30 AM to catch the start of the Gold Medal basketball game? I'm sure they'll show it again sometime Sunday morning, but since I'm the type to stay up late I might try to catch the first quarter or so.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I'll probably watch most of it live. Don't have to be at Miller Park until about 11 or so tomorrow, so why not stay up till 3 watching a sport that I wouldn't even pause on while flipping through the channels except during the olympics. Turns out I've been watching a lot of late night sporting events I bet I don't watch again for about another 4 years.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I'm watching the game, and the officiating is down right awful both ways. Someone needs to tell James that he isn't a 3 point shooter.

and brother Gasol is a dirty player

this game isn't even fun to watch.

US has come out very flat outta halftime. These guys better start to play, or they'll be in trouble

i'll just talk to myself tonight. 1 more qtr til gold. US shot well early, and its a good thing because they can't play D tonight.

Hey US!! keep jacking up 3s and see how that goes for ya. You jerks better get it done

the 3s are keeping the US in the lead right now. They need to come up with a big D stop. Might want to guard their guard

holy crap was that a little close for comfort. Kobe and the boys got it done though!!. Spain gave it one hell of a shot

Someone needs to tell James that he isn't a 3 point shooter.
Yeah, that 2-3 on 3 pointers by James was really terrible.

I thought it was a great game to watch, a somewhat close battle throughout. Rudy Fernandez threw down a huge dunk in the 4th for Spain, Pau Gasol got a couple alley oops in the second half. In the end, the great shooting by the US team is what got them the win. Great game.

reminded me a lot of an NBA all star game. litttle to no defense really being played and guys just throwing up shots whenever they had any look at the basket.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

he might have went 2-3, but that doesn't make him a 3 point shooter.

even though he shot the 3 pretty decent throughout the Olympics.

edit: actually he shot almost 50% from 3 throughout the Olympics

just so there is no confusion, he shot the ball well in the Olympics. Good thing the 3pt line is closer

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Rhythmic gymnastics is funny.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

he might have went 2-3, but that doesn't make him a 3 point shooter.

even though he shot the 3 pretty decent throughout the Olympics.

actually he shot almost 50% from 3 throughout the Olympics

Not making very much sense here.

Who was supposed to tell him that he's not a 3 point shooter? Coach K?

"Hey Lebron, I know you are basically shooting the lights out right now, but stop doing that because I don't like it even though it is helping us win."

In the end USA wins gold with a little help from 3 point shooter Lebron James.

Archived