Brewer Fanatic

Question about Dish Network - Turbo HD

Menotti80

I was looking into buying a turbo hd package. it comes with all of the local sports channels (all the FSNs, comcast, ect.), but they are the HD channels only.

if i buy this package, will i only be able to watch brewer games in HD???

this package looks really great (for the price, and nfl network/big ten network is included), but i cant get it if i cant watch brewer games that aren't on FSN North's HD schedule.

for anyone that has dish network or the turbo hd package, am i screwed out of watching 65% of the brewer games in september if i get this, or will the standard feed show up?

Other teams' games will be blacked out. You'll probably get their pre- and post-game shows, though.

I'd assume that the standard feed for Brewers games will continue to show up. There'd be no good reason to block it.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Usually, if there is no HD broadcast, the HD channels don't even show up in the guide on Dish Network. Is the Turbo HD thing just an HD-only package? If that's the case, my guess is that you would only get the HD games. I suppose it makes sense, as I believe they have separate satellites for HD channels (occasionally, I lose picture on HD channels due to weather, but the regular SD version still works) - they probably give you a dish that only points to those.

Are you buying HD only, or will you be getting a regular package of channels, too? Generally, with all cable and satellite, you're entitled to the SD version of your local sports channel with that service's version of "extended basic."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I have the super 180... or whatever it's called on HD side, I'd recommend going that route. It's still cheaper than I was paying for digital cable, and there are times when I actually chose not to watch something in HD. For whatever reason the HD channels are much quieter than the SD, so when I'm flipping between games it's a pain in the rear to constantly be adjusting the volume from 60 to 45 and back again+. I route all my sound through the TV and back to the reciever because the audio system down stairs is still a cheapy with only 1 digital input. While the TV has smart sound, the reciever doesn't, and the smart sound feature doesn't work with audio out.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived