Brewer Fanatic

7/2/2006 Brewers (Jackson) @ Twins (Liriano) 1:10pm CDT

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sickening...

The scary part is that we don't have the upper hand in a pitching matchup until Thursday... if we struggle this week against the Reds, we're done.

Time to get some loose ends on the trading block.

Quote:
Wow, we really need Sheets and Ohka back.

We just really need to get back to playing against the NL. It's really a sad fact that the Brewers as a team aren't that good...it really comes down to the fact that the NL is bad as a whole and that's why we're able to stick around .500. But all that said, we could still be 4.5 out of the playoffs after today and regardless of how crappy the NL is we're still in the race.

No doubt, end. Outside of the San Diego game, he really hasn't been very impressive - and it wasn't really like he was dominant in that one, either. He wasn't having too good of a season peripheral-wise in AAA. I'm just glad that he revealed his unreadiness soon so that they can get him back down there quickly. I think I'd rather have Eveland back up, personally, but hopefully all is well today with Ohka.

Like Darron said Jackson was pitching in single A a little more than a year ago and is now pitching in the majors. He clearly needs a year in AAA to gain that control and polish he needs. Unfortunately with all the injuries he has to pitch. Life as a Brewer fan this weekend has been about as good as life as a Cubs fan for the whole year but we need to look at the standings and realize we are only going to be 5.5 games back at worse after today and headed home for a 7 game homestand. This club without Sheets and Ohka is doing very well hanging around .500. Just gotta flush this series from the memory banks and remember that the Twins have been dominating everyone.

If you want to smile take a look at Yovani Gallardo's line from yesterday at Huntsville. (He hasn't given up a run since being called up to AA, supposedly the toughest jump in baseball.)

I agree with you bthurley. It's just one series, and it's against one of the top five pitchers in the league and against the hottest team in the league. Just bad luck when they came up on the schedule.

BTW, how was that a hit on the ball Hunter hit? Lee should have caught that, and he should be DH'ing so someone could have caught that.

Just gotta flush this series from the memory banks and remember that the Twins have been dominating everyone.

Not to mention, that one of the Twins' two interleague losses was to the Brewers. (The other was to Houston.)

Yes, I'm clutching at straws to find something positive to say.

Now I'm done.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
Can we talk about Bencing hall or a few games? 0 - 3 with 3 Ks is disgusting. It's been like that for what.. a week?

I agree but the only option is putting Cirillo or Barnwell at short. Barnwell is no upgrade over a slumping Hall and Cirillo isn't exactly the best defensive SS (to put it nicely).

Quote:
Can we talk about Bencing hall or a few games? 0 - 3 with 3 Ks is disgusting. It's been like that for what.. a week?

I think that's 13 strikeouts in his last 24 ABs. Even with the alternatives of Barnwell and Cirillo not all that appealing, the numbers seem to suggest that Billy needs some time off.

Archived