Brewer Fanatic

Favorite places you've been to

NeedMoreFans

Cuernavaca, Mexico

This is not your typical beach side Mexican vacation but it is also a popular spot among the residents of Mexico City as a vacation spot. There is a lot of history in Cuernavaca as Hernan Cortes lived there. The Hacienda de Cortes resort is absolutely amazing. It's the old sugar plantation of Hernan Cortes turned into an absolutely beautiful resort.

It's only about 50 miles from Mexico City. Downtown Mexico City is fairly neat but I much preferred Cuernavaca as the city I stayed in. There's a reason people from Mexico City use Cuernavaca as a nearby getaway.

Western Ontario (English River System)

Great fishing. Very remote.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boundary Waters Canoe Area is one of the most amazing places I've been. I couldn't possibly get enough of that.

My favorite thing in the world to do/go though is to leave Tomahawk on my snowmobile heading north and see where the trails take you. It's amazingly peaceful and pretty. Not to mention I die for snowmobiling...

while Iron Mountain is no good, a little town called Spread Eagle is awesome. Our family has a cabin on a chain there.

Spread Eagle is mainly why we stayed in Iron Mountain. My dad's old boss lived in Spread Eagle and he always invited us to visit in the summer. We stayed at the Super 8 in Iron Mountain and then headed over by him for a couple days. He lived right on the lake so we would just spend the day there and just head back to the hotel to sleep.

Now my dad lives in Florence pretty close to Keyes Lake. It's really quiet up there. Lots of stuff to do if you like the outdoors. Of course it's not a lot of fun when you're camping and you see a bear walking across the road. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Another place in that area that's nice is Niagara. I believe that's where it was but we went hiking somewhere around there, there's a trail that goes right along a river and then opens up to where you can actually see the river. A bunch of rocks that you can climb on to see the rapids.

Boundry Waters without a doubt. What is up with Redgranite? I lived there for 3 years and my grandmother lived there until she passed away. I like Elmers pizza but that is about it. Pearl lake is overpopulated to me. The quarries are nice.

I drive through Omro a couple times a year, and man... I miss it more each time! I have many fond Omro memories... that pizza place where Highway 21 turns and goes over the river and the cheese shop across the street, the gun shop that my sister's ex-husband's father owned that no longer exists across from that shady looking motel and club on the east side of town, Club Omreau, fireworks on the 4th of July that were being set off by obviously drunk technicians, and the Kwik Trip. Plus, proximity to Oshkosh, Winneconne, Zion and Redgranite!

Toby - Aren't you originally from this area? That seems to be something that I remember from months (years) ago. Anyway, there are things that I like about Omro...well, mainly that it isn't like the crappy part of Waukesha that I lived in for a couple of years http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

joshua wrote: Boundry Waters without a doubt. What is up with Redgranite? I lived there for 3 years and my grandmother lived there until she passed away. I like Elmers pizza but that is about it. Pearl lake is overpopulated to me. The quarries are nice.

I love the Pearl Lake area! I pretty much grew up in my parents' camper on the weekends and many of those were spent at Flanagan's Pearl Lake. I also love to fish so that whole area is pretty good for me...

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Spread Eagle

I remember seeing that town on a state map when I was like 13 and acting exactly how you'd expect a 13 year-old to react.

I'm 29, am married, and have a professional job...and still when I see that name I act how you'd expect a 13-year-old to react.

The best places for me (in no particular order)

Corfu - sights, smells and sounds like few other places can match. Stunning.

Edinburgh - I lived there for 12 years and, especially around Fringe time in August miss it like crazy.

St.Tropez - Lambos driving slowly round cobbled streets, designer boutiques with nothing I could afford and Tony Curtis on an 80ft motor yacht (I can't promise you'll see Tony Curtis, though!).

Gibraltar - Just a surreal place, and hey, look, that's Africa right across the straits!

Memphis - Sun Studios, Graceland, Beale Street and The Civil Rights Museum. Holy crap!

Lake Geneva, WI and Lake Geneva, Switzerland. Both are fabulous (and very clean!)

North Wales - 12th Century castles, railways up the sides of mountains and some of the best beaches I've ever seen (seriously!). Plus the Welsh are celts, which automatically makes them friendly as all heck.

Palm Springs and the Coachella Valley, CA. Rich people are occasionally smart. They know where good places are to hang out. Oh, and that big music festival kicks ass too!

Miller Park. Every single time I walk through the doors my heart just soars. I love the place.

Las Vegas, NV

Florida Keys, FL; Great salt water fishing you can't go wrong here so many charters available.

France; I haven't been to Paris not really interested in that but Normandy and the Mediterranean areas are nice and southern Brittany is nice.

Puerto Rico is nice at times plus you don't need a passport to get there either.

My favorite places so far (in no particular order)

Vienna, Austria - Simply spectacular. A great city to walk around as there's plenty to see. Really enjoyed visiting the museums, catherals and palaces. The monateries and the wine in the nearby towns are great too.

Orlando - To me one of the best places in the world to bring a family for a holiday, the kids and I won't get bored there.

Milwaukee - I enjoyed my 3.5 years stay there. I missed driving to the old county stadium to watch the Brewers play, haven't visited Miller Park yet though.

New Zealand - Breathtaking scenery and natural beauty, it was an enjoyable holiday doing a driving trip there.

Krabi, Thailand - a beach resort town. I like Thai food and Thai massage, the massage and meals there are very good. The boat tours to the surrounding islands are nice. They bring you to the are great locations to dive or snorkel, and to the islands with beautiful beaches, one of the islands is Phi Phi island where the movie "The Beach" was filmed.

Beijing, China - Many historical places and very old buildings to visit in Beijing and the surrounding towns. The traditional chinese massages were excellent and the local food is quite different yet very good.

Vancouver and Victoria, British Columbia - Beautiful place and nice weather, it was an enjoyable 1.5 years stay there.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - KL is about 200 miles from Singapore, each year my wife and I like to go there for weekend gateways. It's a nice place for me to relax and have a good massage, my wife enjoys shopping there too.

I know one of our prominent members here lives in Singapore, and I had a good time my 4 or 5 days there. it was for work, so i didn't have time to really tour the country, but then i did get to talk to a lot of bigwig government people, so I got to learn a ton of stuff about government policies and infrastructure development.

Thunder Bay in Canada was pretty cool; took a tourist train through the woods to some waterfalls.

Quepos, Costa Rica - - It is on the Pacific side. The smaller resorts are fairly rustic (cable and AC but not Marriott's or anything) for a cheap price and fantastic Ocean views. The people are extremely friendly and most speak English if you can't speak any Spanish. There are some great restaurants and the beach, monkeys, rain forest are fun/beautiful. It was probably one of the coolest places I have been. Someone told me it is like Hawaii was 50 years ago before it was commercialized and over run with tourists.

This was the view from my $75/night suite with kitchen and huge deck. The beach was about a 15 minute walk down the hill. The penninsula on the left is a National Park.

http://images.photo.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3242%3E673%3E54%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3232626858%3C45nu0mrj

Archived