Brewer Fanatic

Favorite places you've been to

NeedMoreFans

I'm always thinking where I want to go on vacation next (even though it will be a few years probably), and want to get an idea of where people have been that they absolutely loved for some reasons. A couple of my favorites:

Northern Arizona: Loved the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley

Bavaria: Munich is the most fun city I've been to, and Berchtesgaden is probably the most beautiful place I've been

That's it for favs, I guess. Anyone else care to share?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

London and the South of England

New York City

San Francisco--I loved it as a tourist before I moved here.

I love going up to Mendocino

I have deep fondness in my heart for Sarasota, where I grew up, and the Kickapoo Valley/Wildcat Mountain State Park area, where my family is from, and don't mind spending my vacations visiting family in those places.

Riveria Maya - Mexico

Outer Banks - North Carolina

Park Falls, WI - great fishing

Red Granite, WI - very good fishing, crystal clear water in the lakes

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

New Orleans, Luxembourg City, Omro. Especially Omro.

Seriously, I live in Omro again...did you forget about the blue? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Niagara Falls, Canada

Somehow the "touristy" areas nearby with the kitschy Guinness Book and Ripley's museums add to, and don't distract from, the awesomeness and majesty.

We honeymooned there, then celebrated our 10th anniversary there, and then made a return visit years later with our daughter. We'll probably return in five years for our silver anniversary.

Toronto is a beautiful city for a side trip.

The beach in Cabo is pretty nice, just try to hit it when there is NOT a hurricane there.

The city I would most want to move to in the US would be San Diego. Absolutely love the weather there as long as you don't go too far inland.

The Florida Keys are kind of a dump in my opinion, but they are nice for a little getaway.

The Pacific Northwest is absolutely gorgeous, I love the modern style of downtown Vancouver, and Whistler is an awesome little town.

Driving through the Smoky Mountains in the Southeast is pretty cool, nice scenery.

Niagara Falls is really a sight to behold, especially from the Canadian side. It's up there with Mount Rushmore and the Grand Canyon.

I love the hustle and bustle of Manhattan, it's just insane how much is going on around you at all times.

The VLA (Very Large Array) in New Mexico is a cool place to check out if you are a space geek like me.

Parks like Yosemite, Sequoia, and Yellowstone are must sees for anyone who loves the great outdoors.

Jamaica was cool, granted I never left the resort other than to go to the airport.

I live in Las Vegas so it has kind of lost that awesomeness that you get when you fly in to town for vacation, but there are no complaints from me about a lack of stuff to do.

I'm forgetting a lot of places...man I almost miss my 100% travel job now, although at the time it was really a pain in the butt.

Wildwood Crest, NJ (It's been a family vacation destination every year since I was a little kid. I'm probably biased, but I've traveled all over the place and I still love to go back there every year.)

If I had to live abroad, I would do Granada, Spain again.

Cities that I've particularly enjoyed include Seattle and Pittsburgh.

I really liked Pittsburgh too, all the bridges throughout the city makes for an interesting landscape. Coming through the tunnel on whatever highway that is, when it opens up to downtown is just awesome.

Wow, nice to see all the love for San Diego.

Mine depend on the season.

New Year's - Pasadena
Feb. - Utah
Mar. - Arizona
April - DC
June/July - anywhere there's a beach
early Aug. - Edinburgh, during the fringe
late Aug. - Sept. - WI (also a good time to avoid San Diego, FYI)
Oct. - early Nov. - Vermont, upstate NY, NYC marathon
Thanksgiving/Xmas season - NYC

UP? We were on Mackinac Island on 4th of July once. The high was 53.

-Boston

-A drive through South Dakota (or taking I-90 west, past the MN-SD state line -- it's like an adventure through the middle of nowhere until you end up in Seattle)

-Driving through Pennsylvania

-Pittsburgh doesn't get nearly enough credit

Archived