Brewer Fanatic

7/01/2006 Brewers (Capuano) @ Twins (Silva) 6:10pm CDT

FutureBrewer,

Fox Sports North is doing Operation Home Base this week, with tonight the players wearing hats representing the 4 branches of military services. During the Twins broadcast (on Directv) there are no commercials they are doing links between soldiers in Iraq and there families. A big hats off to the Twins organization and FSN for what they are doing this entire week. A total class move IMO.

The Milwaukee Brewers Bullpen, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory on a nightly basis!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With a bullpen this bad, I think you can pretty much guarantee that carlos is 110% gone. How can we possibly not get try to get pitching help. Carlos could hit 2 bombs a night and we could hang 7 or 8 runs up every game and we would still struggle to reach 500 with this staff.

I'm not gonna say the sky is falling, but with tomorrow's bad matchup followed by the Reds in town (and of course we catch their best pitchers) we're looking at being at least 4 games under .500 going into the last series with Chicago. And the way our pen is throwing, I don't know how we're gonna do. Hopefully once we get back to playing against the AAA, I mean National League, things will get easier for our guys.

well it's gonna be a while before we get another chance to fail to get over 500... with tomorrow's impending loss we'll be 40-43, and I don't like the looks of the cincy offense vs. our pitching staff. Ugh. All good vibes from the cubs series have officially evaporated.

Quote:
Hopefully once we get back to playing against the AAA, I mean National League, things will get easier for our guys.

That's actually a good point. We are in fact playing a real team at the moment. After tomorrow, with the possible exception of a few games against the Cardinals, we won't have to do that the rest of the season.

Its funny, the Twins would probably win any division in the NL and they can't gain an inch in their own.

So is it possible that we saw any chance of Cappy or T-Bow making the All-Star game vanish tonight?

I've been to 7 Brewers games this year. 3 in Milwaukee...2 in Minneapolis....one in NY...and one in LA and we are 1-6. I bet I have seen 150 Brewers games in my life and I would bet that we are 50-100 in those games. I need to stop attending.

Quote:
I bet I have seen 150 Brewers games in my life and I would bet that we are 50-100 in those games. I need to stop attending.

Well considering that is pretty much in line with their winning % over the past however many years, I agree you should probably stop attending - not because you are bad luck, but because the Brewers are bad!

The Twins are smokin' hot, I think that is what this one comes down to.

It's unfortunate going to Bow didn't work. It was the right move (considering Turnbow has probably been the best guy other than Shouse in the pen) based on the stats (Cuddyer vs. RHP < Morneau vs. LHP) where your other options are to walk Cuddyer with the base open and have Shouse face Morneau or bring in Wise to face Cuddyer. It's too bad, but tomorrow is a new day.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Rickie has not had a single error in one exact month! Just outstanding play in the field lately.

Albeit minus the wind blown double in Wrigley Field against a horrid and swirling wind and this SportsTurf in between hop at the Metrodome with all the seams and skipping the ball does on that surface.

Excuses? No...just inexperience. He is ok...

Two very tough places to play for a young player to field let alone a veteran player with the 'elements' to deal with. Yes it is part of baseball but you go out there and do it...and come back to me...

Both plays could have ended the inning I believe as well...He is working hard and looks very smooth and very natural in the field, not lost and pressing like he did early on.

Archived