Brewer Fanatic

Meaning behind your username thread

T B0NE 10

Moderately embarrassing admission time:

Hi, my name is Nicole, and I'm a sorority girl!

My shameful secret here. Don't judge!

It's funny because it's a complete role reversal. Instead of being on the DL about being a Tomboy Sorority Girl, I'm on the DL about being a Sorority Girl Tomboy!

The name's been with me since freshman year of college and I use it for everything. So TriStar is a symbol of my sorority and scoop because I was a Journalism Major.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I play hockey. I started playing in 1994. My first couple of seasons I led or was near the lead in penalty minutes. My friend told me I was not big enough to be a goon, that I was just a mini-goon, and it has stuck. I still play, and last season I was near the lead in penalty minutes again.

My name is Elizabeth, although I've gone by Liz since I was in high school.

My little brother (2 years younger) couldn't say my name for the longest time, so he called me ewizabeff. He now has a son, and I'm hoping he calls me the same thing http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Edit: That's his son, Brody, in my avatar. Obviously a brewer fan. He's going to his first game with me tomorrow!

When Doug Jones had his unexpectedly spectacular year with the Brewers in 1997, I was enthralled. He was old and overweight. He wore a big gold chain, had long hair and a big bushy moustache. I once talked to Matt Vasgersian about him, and a direct quote from Vasgersian was, "seeing Doug Jones in the locker room is like seeing your grandpa naked."

Watching him pitch that year was like watching a magician. It was all smoke and mirrors. He was able to throw SO slow, that it fooled hitters for an entire season. My favorite moment was when the Brewers were playing the Rockies. Jones faced Larry Walker with 2 outs. Walker was obviously going to be sitting on the changeup. Jones threw 3 straight high 85-mph fastballs and struck him out. It was awesome.

I kind of wish now that I'd come up with something a little more original than just using an old brewer and their number, but oh well...

From "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

REG: Listen. If you really wanted to join the P.F.J., you'd have to really hate the Romans.

BRIAN: I do!

REG: Oh, yeah? How much?

BRIAN: A lot!

REG: Right. You're in. Listen. The only people we hate more than the Romans are the Judean People's Front.

P.F.J.: Yeah...

JUDITH: Splitters.

P.F.J.: Splitters...

FRANCIS: And the Judean Popular People's Front.

P.F.J.: Yeah. Oh, yeah. Splitters. Splitters...

LORETTA: And the People's Front of Judea.

P.F.J.: Yeah. Splitters. Splitters...

REG: What?

LORETTA: The People's Front of Judea. Splitters.

REG: We're the People's Front of Judea!

LORETTA: Oh. I thought we were the Popular Front.

REG: People's Front! C-huh.

FRANCIS: Whatever happened to the Popular Front, Reg?

REG: He's over there.

P.F.J.: Splitter!

Mine is from Arrested Development season 1, Gob and Tobias' investment plan. It leads to one of my favorite exchanges:

Tobias Fünke: I'm afraid that this offer comes off the table at midnight.

Michael: That may be the worst bluff I've ever heard.

Narrator: Even the members of Gobias industries agreed on that one.

Sounds kind of dumb out of context but the delivery of Jason Bateman, David Cross, and even Ron Howard's lines are perfect.

My favorite "nostalgia" Brewers teams are the ones from the late 80s (when I was about 6 or 7 and really started following baseball closely). Tiny was one of the random, lesser-known players from those teams that I liked (along with Bryan Clutterbuck, Jim Paciorek, Juan Castillo, and others). I am not a clever person at all, so I just took his name and made it my user name.

I'm crazy about the Crew. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Also kind of a play on Duke's "Cameron Crazies" modified to the Brewers.

It's dumb and simple, but I wouldn't be able to remember anything else.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Nickname is Dika, given to me by my sister when I was younger (and for no reason, so don't ask), then adopted by my friends in college.

Held a few parties at the folks' house in college, shortly after Old School was released, which were christened dika-palooza

No I was not the one thousand one hundred twenty sixth cubfan to register on AOL 15 (or so) years ago. They tried to assign a random number to go with cubfan and I selected my street number at the time. I moved but kept the number.

Archived