Brewer Fanatic

Meaning behind your username thread

T B0NE 10

I once worked for an organization that had a basketball team, and it's fan base was kind of small. I joined that team's discussion board, with the thought that the team needed more fans to come to the game.

I actually started on BF.net as another screen name long ago, but for some reason I stopped browsing for a few months, and forgot my password, so I had to re-register. At the time I re-registered, the Brewer fan base was quite small (at least in the stands), so I thought it would work here as well.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Upon reaching Ben, my son let out a loud "Hi Ben Sheeps!"

The 2nd time Sam said it, I apologized to Ben.

The 3rd time, Ben looked my young son straight in the face and let out a mighty BAAAA.

Ben gained fans for life that day.

That is flat-out awesome.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

casey = my late dog

1992 = the year he was born

Around the web, I'm casey1992 more often than not. That combo was taken on ezBoard. In places where it's available, I'll simply be casey.

T B0NE 10

Note, everyone, that if you're ever doing a member search for this guy, it's a zero in "B0NE."

s stands for Sam
brylski stands for Brylski

sbrylski06 is too hard for me to spell. Therefore, I prefer to address him simply as "Sam."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I sort of wish there wasn't the anonymity behind our names, so craigharmann, you're my hero.

Wow! Thanks. I've never been someone's hero before. I just am not creative enough to come up with something else, and I have nothing to hide.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/elvermanwrites/tgrill0304.jpg

www2.jsonline.com/.../mar01/grill05030401.asp

Reliever Ray King owns two Foreman grills: one for his home and one to use at spring training and during the season.

"It's fast, it's easy and it cooks perfect burgers," King said. "It has to be healthier than cooking them in a skillet, with all the grease."

Although he troubled the coaching staff by putting on weight last season, King was noticeably slimmer when he reported to camp this spring. It's doubtful, though, that the grill had a big an impact on his weight loss.

pogo is short for ogopogo which is a lake monster somewhere...and kat was my video gam handle back when you got three letters...i've been using this since the mid 90's...i thought it was cool when i was 14...i'd probably be bradj now as that seems infinitely less goofy

GodspeedYouPackEmperor is a play on Godspeed You Black Emperor. For the 99.9% of the site that is unaware of its significance, here you go.

The username in and of itself is kind of a play on the Wisconsin sports scene, and it's taken on added prescience with the events of the past few weeks. But I am not, in fact, a psychic.

First name: Armand
Drumline name at La Crosse: Arm n Hammer

Other names given in college: Arm n Hammer Baking Soda Toothpaste, Arm in Bucket (keg party anyone?), Hammered...all were shortened to "Hammer" by my friends...

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Blanco was one of my favorite Brewers ever. For some reason I had a huge man crush on the no-bat, all defense type of player that he was/is. I know taht he plays for the enemy nowadays, but still a favorite.

For 3 years in college I actually had the full page picture from the JS up in my room because for some reason, you couldn't actually find a real poster of him. I took enough grief about that picture that my alliegence has to be strong!!

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

in 1989, my cousin and I started the P.I.T.C.H. League, a 20-team table-top baseball league using the Pursue the Pennant game that was made in Brookfield. They went out of business but our league still goes strong (30 teams now and my wife plays, too) using Diamond Mind Baseball.

That's the story. Our post-season logo is the avatar on the left. I've contemplated rotating each of our 30 logos and divisional logos around as my avatar but I've yet to be brave and change mine around. It's so comforting and easy to find your own posts when it stays the same.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

GAME05--I thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2005, so my name is the typical acronym for northbounders, Georgia to Maine in 2005.

any other hikers out there?

I always had a hunch you were a thru-hiker, although I'd only read clues about it in other threads. (See the ramen thread). I overlooked the GAME thing as baseball related.

Schlitz has been my nickname since highschool. I don't know why. I didn't drink a Schlitz until about 8 years after getting the nickname.

When I was in college my roommate was in a competition to be the Minnesota Pork Ambassador. He worshiped at the altar of hogs. So I figured, gee I really like beer. Maybe I could be the Wisconsin Beer Ambassador. I've been using that name for about 10 years now. I see some breweries have tried to steal it for their own use.

Mine is just a Cabaret Voltaire song title. Coincidently, the name I typically use now, "richardhkirkando", is a play on the name of a member of the band (Richard H. Kirk) and some guy from my school (Kirkando Richards, which I just thought was an awesome name).

Oddly enough, I've never met this Kirkando fellow in person, but I have him as a facebook friend. To this day, I'm not sure if he even realizes that his first name is part of my standard username on internet forums.

I created my username when I was 16 for the original Wissports.net. It's kind of silly, but I keep using it anyway just so that I don't have to come up with a new, lamer one.

Y for Young - because, well I was young when I made it (I guess?)

Finn because my family is part finnish

6 was my high school baseball number.

Archived