Brewer Fanatic

7.1.06 Non-Brewers IGT

brewers19

Dempster just became my favorite Cubs player.

1 out away from ending the game, he allows two baserunners, and then a 3-run jack to Pierzynski. 8-6 White Sox.

Delicious.

EDIT: And the game is delayed while the grounds crew cleans up the crap the Cubs fan threw onto the field. Classy.

I see Ty Taubenheim threw 5 scoreless innings for Toronto today. The bullpen took over in the 6th and they hold a comfortable lead now in the 8th.

Would this be Ty's first career win?

EDIT (to answer my own question): Nope, Ty was 1-4 coming in with a victory over Atlanta recently in a game in which he pitched 2/3 of an inning.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

STL came back, but still trail 7-6.

Cincy has lost.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Ah, the parallels.

As the Brewers gagged away their lead at the Dome, Jim Edmonds has just hit a pinch hit HR to tie the game in the 9th vs. KC.

Quote:
Did anyone else see the catch that Gary Matthews Jr. made? That has to be the best catch I've seen in a few years.

I watched the replay several times and that's probably the greatest catch I've ever seen. The vertical leap plus how far how he reached over the wall was insane. It was number two on ESPN's "best plays of the half year" or whatever they called it.

Archived