Brewer Fanatic

8/8/08 Nationals (Balester) at Brewers (Sabathia): 7:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ted Simmons thinks Ned is trying to keep everybody sharp which is why he's starting Counsell. I could buy that if he starts Counsell a couple games in a row, not six. And how is he keeping everybody sharp when Branyan has 7 at bats in the last 10 days?

I like adding games to the wildcard lead -- let's do it again tomorrow. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Amazing start by Sabathia...I thought I heard something like he had only thrown 16 balls in the 7th inning, which is insane. He was throwing his breaking stuff for strikes, and had the Nats swinging at fastballs out of the zone as a result. One of the most entertaining pitching performances of the year so far, IMO.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I'm at the point where I'm shocked if CC doesn't throw a CG SO every time out.
It almost seemed normal, didn't it?

I've always tolerated (at best) and often disliked the increasing advertising/sponsorship presence at Miller Park. Those of you who have been to a game in the last month or so and have seen the Brewers' starting lineup announcement turn into a huge commercial for Motorola phones...might know what I mean.

Tonight, though, it occurred to me that if enough advertising and sponsorship could get the Brewers more time with CC, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

And I hope J.J.'s catch late in the game made web gems, though I can't stay up anymore to find out for myself.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived