Brewer Fanatic

8/8/08 Nationals (Balester) at Brewers (Sabathia): 7:05 PM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian just said Counsell is in because Ned wants a "contact hitter in the lineup."

It's just an odd notion to have about a guy who has an OBP of .324 since 2006. If Counsell bunted for an out, every AB, would that 100% contact rate excite Yost even more?

If Counsell bunted for an out, every AB, would that 100% contact rate excite Yost even more?

Yes, because he would be working the count as well as showing grit, gamer-ness and determination. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Brian just said Counsell is in because Ned wants a "contact hitter in the lineup."

a. Why is he playing at 3rd? Seems like if anything, he should be in there for Weeks, who also has a low contact rate and stinks defensively. If Counesll is gonna play, I'd much rather have Branyan in there than Weeks against RHP, and the infield defense would be better overall that way.

b. Why is he batting 6th?

c. I guess Ned needing to come up with something, because the whole "hot hand" excuse he always uses wouldn't apply. Counsell is now 0 for his last 11.

I heard it was because Ned wants a "white and nerdy" hitter in the lineup

http://www.wilkes.mcdermid.com/blog/weird_al_wan.jpg

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Why is he playing at 3rd? Seems like if anything, he should be in there for Weeks, who also has a low contact rate and stinks defensively.

If Yost has decided to go with Counsell against Rhers at 2B, it wouldn't be hard to put up a very good argument for that being the correct move. At 3B? Terrible.

Archived