Brewer Fanatic

Dr. James Andrews

agarr26

Does anyone know how much it costs for him to perform surgery on a regular patient without insurance coverage as he is a specialty doctor(specifically on a torn/frayed rotator cuff or labrum)? Any help would be much appreciated as I am trying to see if it would be feasible to have him perform an operation.

Thanks in advance!!!

He probably charges a ton (supply and demand) and that's if you even get him as the surgeon. Good luck without credentials. As for insurance, generally insurance will cover up to a certain amount per procedure. So they say such-and-such should cost $1000.00 and they'll pay that. Generaly that's fine for your typical doctor. But I'm sure this guy would charge $3000.00 for that operation because he can, leaving you on the hook for a lot of extra money.

You can have anyone do it if you have the money. That's really all it comes down to. But I highly doubt it is practical for a day to day person. But perhaps you're not! So good luck! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I've always wondered about this or something like it. Keep us up to date on what you find out. I would find it interesting to hear what he has to say, if you even do get to talk to the guy.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I also believe that Birmingham has a ton of orthopaedic residents/fellows because everyone wants to say they trained under Dr. Andrews, so unless you are Joba Chamberlain there is a high probability that a fellow will be performing the majority of your procedure.

Archived