Brewer Fanatic

7/3/2006 Brewers (Bush) vs. Reds (Harang) 1:05 CDT

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selling Lee is basically giving up, and not a single fan should pay to see that crap.

You do realize that there were 3 players that got hits in front of him, right? It's not like he won this game single-handedly.

Quote:
still have to believe we need to trade lee and Clark at the deadline.

Heck, trade him right now. We have a ton of center fielders on the team and in the minors. Trade him to the White Sox....their centerfielder is hitting about .190. I'm sure they'd give up some reliever.

Quote:
Well I, for one, am glad we saved our season with this win. It would have been horrible to lose and know all hope was over

We're not out of the woods yet...we still have to get to .500 by the all star break. Yep, new rule this year, teams with records under .500 are eliminated and do not get to play past the all star break.

Verified Member

Just got home from the game. Don't even get me started on our bullpen. I just HATE those walks by Turnbow. He can never get a 1-2-3 clean inning.

Thank god for our offense and the Reds terrible bullpen.

I am glad we won, but I left the ballpark still feeling sick.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/4thofjuly.jpg

Brewers are now 4-0 lifetime when I spend money I shouldn't and sit in the Club level. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif To celabrate the 4th of July tomorrow, I'm going to have to come up with something good to placate my wife.

Bush had a decent outing, which was nice, considering the offensive firepower the Reds possess. Turnbow has me worried, and I see I'm not alone in that regard, judging from the comments in this thread. It seems to me that Turnbow laid a huge egg on the night we honored him with Turnbow bobblehead night. Now after naming him an all-star, perhaps it would be better if we stop honoring Derrick for a while. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Quote:
Selling Lee is basically giving up, and not a single fan should pay to see that crap.

Apparently you haven't been watching the Brewers attempt to pitch this year. The only way to improve this team is to improve the pitching - heck maybe they wouldn't need to score 8 runs to actually win a game. The only way for this team to improve their pitching is to trade for it, or sign guys in FA. If you want to trade for it, you have to give value in return. ie., selling Carlos Lee. Signing pitching via FA requires money. If you give Carlos the kind of money he will command, where are you gonna come up with the cash for FA pichers? Especially in light of the outfield depth we apparently have waiting in the wings, there is absolutely no way that signing Carlos Lee makes sense for the Brewers, unless they are willing to increase the payroll by another $15 million or so in order to do both - which I think everyone would like to see

I don't care how many home runs he hits, it cannot make up for a terrible pitching staff. Trading Carlos is not giving up, it is an attempt to improve this team.

I agree with AJAY that today was in a way dissapointing even though we won.

Nevertheless, it took a lot to come back in the 9th inning, and these guys got it done. That's the bottom line.

A win is a win is a win.

I'm heading to tomorrow's game, inevitably to be dissapointed. I've been to three Brewers games at MP this year, and they have been THE three worst games that the Brewers have played there this year (0-11 to the Reds on 4/23, 10-16 to the Twins on 5/20, and 1-10 to the Tigers on 6/20. Yes, I stayed for the entirety of all three crapfests).

It'll still be fun to see Arroyo vs. Davis, and get another bobblehead.

Here's to hoping the bullpen doesn't let us down, again.

Man, the in-game thread was pure comedy GOLD.

Either this was really an IGT mixed in with the drunk thread, or there are some fans that need to have their supply of Brewer baseball closely monitored for their own health.

Uh, thanks for the warning, wisconsinfan. The only one of those crapfests we have in common was June 20. We're going on Tuesday too. (Go Sharpie! You don't have to have freakishly long legs to be effective!)
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The Crew can beat Arroyo, they did the last time they saw him, and they will tomorrow. I share tht 5/20 game experience, it was 0-6 before we sat down and stayed the entire game. Otherwise the Crew has won the other 5 games I have been to, including Father's Day (one of the best games of the year).

I got into my car from work to go to summerfest, right at the start of the bottom of the 9th. I heard what happened and almost cried. Then i thought, "hey, we can come back" sure enough, it happen. Never give up on this team boys.

EDIT: on the front page of REDS.com(under "reds update"), it says "griffey leads reds over Brewers. LOL

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Just to muddy the prediction waters further, we're 6-5. The only win we've personally witnessed in the last month was Fanfest.

However, we are 0-2 in all-fan bobblehead giveaway games. But those previous bobbles all depicted people - not food characters.

So anything could happen. ANYTHING.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived