Brewer Fanatic

Next 7 games

The Brewers need to continue playing well, and it appears the upcoming schedule should allow them to do just that - 4 against the Nats and 3 at the Padres looks nice right now, especially considering this:

During the same time, the Cards finish a series against an improved Dodgers team, then go on the road for 3 against the Cubs and 4 against the Marlins

The Cubs host the Cards, then go on the road to Atlanta and Florida

The Marlins obviously play both the Cards and Cubs next week, and finish a series against the Phillies and play the Mets this weekend...brutal stretch.

The point I'm trying to make is that if the Brewers play well over this stretch against brutal teams, they'll improve their position on the other teams vying for the 2 playoff spots the Brewers could attain, regardless of how those games all play out.

And, I believe we have CC and Benny each going twice over those 7 games.

That really makes me smile....... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Anyways, this is a key stretch. Dominate the little guys and let the big boys beat up on each other. LETS GO CREW!!!

it'd be nice if we figured out how to win at home again and Sheets figured out how to pitch well again. August is tough, we have to take advantage of this stretch.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Washington is a very bad team, and we have our top 3 going. No reason that three of four shouldn't be expected.

San Diego is horrible and we have Sheets and Sabathia in a pitcher's park. Two of three should be expected.

5-2 or better next 7 should be expected.

The way Sheets has pitched the last month or so, that may not be as good as it looks on paper.

Sheets really hasn't pitched that badly. He only has one miserable start in July and August. The Cubs game and if the Brewers have an above average defensive first baseman that game, the outcome would have probably been much different.

He isn't going as deep into games as earlier in the year and he isn't winning as much but I believe that has more to do with run support and the defense than with Sheets.

If the Brewers get the guy some runs and play average defense, I think Sheets will do just fine.

Edit: Removed unnecessary part of quote. Please watch what you're quoting. - Toby

I know sweeping a team is never a given...but honestly anything less than a 4 game sweep against the Nationals will be very disappointing. I know I might take some slack for that, but we should and will win all 4 of those games. However, I think we will lose 2 of 3 in San Diego.

I couldnt agree more. We need to sweep the Nats... Im sorry we do! We have out top three going up against their rotation. Going into SD we will have CC and Benny again so it's looking good. And Parra to start the LA series!

SD isnt a team we cant just forget about either, They still can suprize a lot of teams despite having a down season. BUt the good thing CC and Ben will close up the series.

Ranier wrote: While not too good, they are still major leaguers in Washington.
Yeah, they have uniforms and everything!

I agree that a sweep looks promising and sounds great, but honestly, 4-3 on this road trip sounds about right to me. It might be a little disappointing, but it wouldn't put us in a terrible spot or anything.

Archived