Brewer Fanatic

It's August, I guess that means Soup's hot...

clancyphile

Don't go into the IGT if you are a fan of Soup. The hate was bordering on crazy levels today.

Anytime we get a great start like today from Soup I consider that great news because I see Parra fading down the stretch as he gets into uncharted innings. Same goes with Bush. The man I want back is Sheets though he hasn't been bad he doesn't really seem to have the stuff of a NL All-Star starter at this point and time.

The man I want back is Sheets though he hasn't been bad he doesn't really seem to have the stuff of a NL All-Star starter at this point and time.

Maybe with Sheets getting that extra day off this week he will return to form. Remember Sheets pitched in the All Star game and came back on 4 days of rest after the All Star game. Even though Ben didn't throw that many pitches he still had all the hype to deal with on the All Star stage in New York.

Maybe this is a subject for another thread, but is there anyone out there that has ANY doubt that Suppan would be our third starter for the playoffs over Parra, with Sheets and Sabathia obviously the other two. I am convinced Ned would go with Suppan over Parra, regardless of whether Parra ends up with a 17-6 or record or something to that effect.

^^^^Unless Soup completely blows it this last two months, if the Crew gets into the playoffs, he will be the third starter for three reasons:

1. His obvious track record of success in the post season.

2. Manny is basically a rookie who's lack of experience could cost the Crew in the post season.

3. They will likely want to limit Manny's innings to avoid injuries in coming seasons.

Im not buying the Parra innings stuff... He will be fine. He has pitched fine his last couple outing's and only had a bad inning that blows his outing out of proportion.

Anyways... Sup will be key to the run. If he comes through and Bush pitches well enough on the road we are in good shape. I dont know what it is with him, but Sup starts hot... then sucks til aug every year...

Sheets has pitched almost the same over the last month as he has the rest of the year. The last 5 starts that people have freaked out about shows 8 K/9, 2.8 BB/9 and only 1 HR, compared to a season rate of 7.6 K/9 and 2.2 BB/9. The only real difference is a couple extra walks, a couple extra Ks and a large boost in BABIP that is most likely just random.

Archived