Brewer Fanatic

It's all relative. . . to Star Wars (and Indy)

DatHoser

To start, USAToday.com had an article on Mythbusters, a favorite of mine. In the article it was mentioned that Adam Savage was a child actor. Over to imdb.com I go and find out that Mr. Savage was a model builder for SW ep. I and ep. II. (He appeared on Charmin commercials, fwiw). Lo and behold, Mr. Hyneman was a special effects tech for the same two movies, plus both worked on many others). Useless trivia, to be sure, but fascinating to a Lucas geek like me. Along with these tie-ins, I've found several others and wonder how many others are out there so I'll list mine and throw it out to the throbbing brain of bf.net.

Julian Glover, Empire - Gen. Veers (think AT-AT commander) was also in IJ and the Last Crusade as chief bad guy Walter Donovan.

William Hootkins, SW - Porkins on the death star attack, was also in Raiders as Major Eaton, one of the government agents. He was also in Young Indiana Jones.

Denis Lawson, the only minor charactor (Wedge) to appear in all three OT films - and uncle to Ewan McGregor, was also in the Hornblower series on A&E as Captain "Dreadnought" Foster.

John Ratzenberger, Cheers, was Major Derlin in Empire. Pretty well known trivia, but just thought I'd mention it.

Ronald Lacey and Wolf Kahler, both baddies on Raiders, were both in Firefox, a panned movie that I still like so that's why I mention it.

Treat Williams played a trooper in two different places in Empire - Echo Base and Cloud City.

Pat Roach appeared in the 1st three IJ movies as various big baddies (he was the big German Indy fought under the flying wing).

I know there's more, aside from all the obvious stuff like Lucas' kids appearing the the newer SW trilogy, plus the face time for a few of the masked actors in SW ep. II, so I'll try and remember them and post them later unless somebody beats me to them.

EDIT: Remembered one. Deep Roy, THE Oompa Loompa in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, was Droopy McCool (Blue musician in Jabba's palace) in ROTJ.

Useless trivia, to be sure, but fascinating to a Lucas geek like me.

The Force is strong with this one

Great thread. I literally had no idea on any of the factoids/people you posted. I will now retreat in shame.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The Force is strong with this one
Concentrate...feel the Force flow. Yes. Good. Calm, yes. Through the Force, things you will see.

It helps that my Brewer master (my brother) is a huge film geek. He could name the screenwriter on half the movies ever made, I swear. I was wondering when you'd post in this.

Nice catch on Kiera Knightly, Principessa21!

'Nother few. Alfred Molina (Doc OC of Spiderman fame) was Satipo in Raiders (picture the guy who accompanies Indy into the temple in the opening scene, but not out).

Frank Marchall, the producer of Raiders, appeared as the pilot in the flying wing scene because all the other actors were too sick too film it.

Warwick Davis (Wicket in ROTJ) made a cameo as part of Jabba's yes-men in Ep. I during the pod race.

Kiera Knightly was in Episode 1. She was the bodyguard. Kinda cool.

Man, the makeup & CGI nowadays...

http://www.georgettesworld.com/main/panaka.jpg

Incredible! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Warwick Davis (Wicket in ROTJ) made a cameo as part of Jabba's yes-men in Ep. I during the pod race.

I thought that was him.

Concentrate...feel the Force flow. Yes. Good. Calm, yes. Through the Force, things you will see.

"Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future...the past. Old friends long gone"

OMG I CAN HAZ NEW BFF?1!??1!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

TLB,

ROTFLMAO!

"Good. Good. The Force is strong in you. A powerful Sith you will become."

"Execute Order 66." (Just kidding, all).

BTW, to confirm my geekdom: my user name, DatHoser, is a shortened form of Darth Hoser, my username on starwarsfan.org and theforce.net.

Here are some other SW trivia factoids

ESPN > The Force

Chris Berman > Han Solo

Dogg the Bounty Hunter > Boba Fett

Roomba > R2D2

Pizza Hut > Jabba the hut

Pool Noodles > Light Sabres

Ronny WooWoo > Jar Jar Binks

Mimes > C3PO

Holidays with my inlaws > Episode 2

Lee Elia > Princess Leia

FSN >Lucasworks