Brewer Fanatic

8/6/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Reds (Bailey): 11:35 AM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Toby, I do the Gameday stuff for 1/2 of the Brewers games, which means my mistakes have some of you swearing at home during the game http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif. Anyway, the reason that you see it's so inconsistent is that it's up to the person doing the game to determine it, by simply putting a + sign after the code (ie 43/G+). Some guys see a rocket shot, and just forget, some will probably not do it as much as others, etc.

Toby, I do the Gameday stuff for 1/2 of the Brewers games, which means my mistakes have some of you swearing at home during the game http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif. Anyway, the reason that you see it's so inconsistent is that it's up to the person doing the game to determine it, by simply putting a + sign after the code (ie 43/G+). Some guys see a rocket shot, and just forget, some will probably not do it as much as others, etc.

Wait a second. How did you get this job? Sounds pretty interesting. Care to elaborate on the whole process a little more?

Sure, I love to talk about my job. Maybe I'll talk to Brian about doing a "day in the life" type column. My next game is Friday, so if it's something people are interested in, I can work something up.

TriStar: Yep, started this year. It's the first opening in Milwaukee since 1998 or so. And it's the best job ever, literally.

Toby: That, my man, is a deal. I'll PM you my PayPal account http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Lets get CV to pitch 5 innings or so

Am I missing something? The brewers are tied. Plus, isn't this usually when Soup settles in to retire 12 of the next 13 or something?

I hope you are right but so far he has absolutely nothing.

If my math is correct then Soup did, in fact, just retire 12 of the next 13. What a ridiculously lucky stab in the dark.

Wait a second. How did you get this job? Sounds pretty interesting. Care to elaborate on the whole process a little more?

You apply through MLB.com and go through an interview process and take a very in-depth test on how to score a game and then interview some more. There is a manual full of codes that you use to score each pitch and play. You train for awhile on taped games and you need to learn a lot of the coding so that you can score the game as quick as possible. When you're watching gameday and there's a pause, it's because whoever is scoring doesnt know how to score it - either it's a weird play, or a complicated code or the official scorer hasn't made a decision - the program won't advance until you enter a code - so you can't go on until you're scored the play before.

It's strange today watching the Red's Broadcast...they're doing some promotion with no commercials. No real reason for this post, just thought it was interesting.

ugh, I am annoyed by this. They aren't showing any game shots between pitches. Still, seems like a really good cause so I shouldn't complain too much I suppose.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Archived