Brewer Fanatic

8/6/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Reds (Bailey): 11:35 AM CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rluz...do you have a ranking of where exactly the Brewers stand on team BA w/RISP?

I don't have a ranking for you, however listening to the Reds TV broadcast yesterday over MLB.tv, they said the Brewers were dead last in MLB. This wouldn't suprise me as they are hitting a less-than-stellar .237 w/ RISP this season.

Youe can go to ESPN's team stats page and filter for RISP. The Brewers have a bad BA overall though, so that's really what you should be comparing it to.

Really, BA w/RISP is just a dumb stat to begin with. What is it trying to measure, clutchiness?

It's just shoved down everyone's throats by the media, so people use it.

Someday, Braun will get a little plate discipline and watch out.

If Braun continues at his current pace for a dozen years, with the same plate discipline, he's in the Hall of Fame. If he improves, yeah that would be great, but the guy is already one of the best players in MLB.

Someday, Braun will get a little plate discipline and watch out.
If Braun continues at his current pace for a dozen years, with the same plate discipline, he's in the Hall of Fame. If he improves, yeah that would be great, but the guy is already one of the best players in MLB.

I know...that's why I said 'watch out.' I don't know his average when he puts the ball in play, but it must be amazing with his high K total.

rluz...do you have a ranking of where exactly the Brewers stand on team BA w/RISP?

They are last in the NL-but they don't hit for a high average overall and unless you really want to see who's getting those ABs it doesn't say much. They are also first in BA close and late but I always here peopel talkign about the game being over after the first inning....

Really, BA w/RISP is just a dumb stat to begin with. What is it trying to measure, clutchiness?

It's just shoved down everyone's throats by the media, so people use it.

I would argue much against this point. I think we have a FAR more talented team than the Minnesota Twins, yet they have about the same record and are within 1 game in their division. They also have the highest BA w/ RISP in MLB. Whether or not these 2 are connected is up to you, I guess. (This is also tough to compare AL to NL, I understand that).

I think this metric attempts to guage the ability of a team to manufacture runs and get his when they count. An all-or-nothing offense like the Brewers have will only get you so far.

Archived