Brewer Fanatic

How does Escobar project?

Has anyone seen this kid play or perhaps know why he's not in AAA yet? From what I've read, his lack of power is a serious problem in regards to projecting his success in the majors. If I remember correctly, he only has 3 or 4 doubles despite being the fastest guy on his team. I'm not sure where he projects since JJ seems to really like his spot at short and probably wouldn't take too lightly to a relegation to a position like 2B.

Escobar has 18 doubles, 4 triples and 8 HRs on the year. While not having tons of power, he is not a Craig Counsell. I think he will be an above average defensive shortstop and at this point a slightly below average offensive SS (unless he continues to improve). I think the Brewers need to make a decision on what to do. If the staff is really high on Escobar I personally think it makes more sense to trade JJ if the right offer comes because I think if he moves to 2nd or 3rd he somewhat limits his value.

Archived