Brewer Fanatic

7/4/2006 Brewers (Davis) vs. Reds (Arroyo) 1:05 CDT

Giraldo8
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davis is at 102 pitches. Knowing Yost one of two things is going to happen:

a) He's going to run Davis out there for the 9th.

b) He's going to put in Jose Capellan

The way our 'pen has been, it wouldn't surprise me if Nedly went with a.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Freel likes lefties, but Shouse was still the move because Hatteberg likes righties almost as much (had we gone with a RHP).
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Nice win. One out away from his (Davis) first complete game for Davis this year (113 pitches). Cincy should be hearing our footsteps!

Cut it closer than I like but doubt it would have been much different if T-bow had come in.

Quote:
Freel likes lefties, but Shouse was still the move because Hatteberg likes righties almost as much (had we gone with a RHP).

Not to mention, Shouse is the only one left in the bullpen with a vague understanding of the concept of a "strike".

Just got back from the game. Not only was it one of the most beautiful days of the summer, the Brewers got a lead and kept it for a nice, comfortable win. And to put the cherry on the top, it was dollar dog day, and both my stomach and wallet enjoyed that.

Gosh is it fun to watch DD when he is on..

Yes. Yes, it is. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

If Jamie weren't in the midst of his massive feast today, I'm sure he would have noted the quality start.

Terrific weather, terrific 4th inning, and pleasantly solid pitching.

I'm only sorry I can't be at Doug's next start.

Bad Chad drew some boos while the lineup was being announced. I took some pictures in case he's elsewhere by the time we're back at Miller Park. Even in his "starting lineup" videoboard clip, he looks kind of downtrodden.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

At least 3 times today on the scoreboard they had it wrong that the Brewers were going to play the Chicago Cubs on July 5th and fans get a Free poster. Doesn't anybody proofread? Or were they all too busy on the field with the giant USA flag?

Finally got a ball under hat shuffle correct with #1. Hot Dog wins the race-- It was fixed. And the attendance guess was there today.

A real late arriving crowd today.

Sign of the Apocalypse: I go to a Brewers game, and the Crew doesn't give up 10 runs or more.

In fact, it was in almost every respect an absolutely perfect day. Great food, great weather, great crowd, great giveaway, great pitching for us, great fourth inning. Just an all around great win attended with my girlfriend, friend, and dad. Too bad we had to witness Germany lose in Friday's after the game.

One interesting moment from the game for me: On Fielder's deep fly in the 4th, I think everybody (including whoever was in right, I can't remember) thought it was gone, but it fell short. Next batter, Koskie hits a similar fly ball with what looked like less power, and I think everybody thought it was another routine play. It was weird to see it just keep carrying and get out.

Come on boys, tomorrow = sweep. Please?

It was the Polish that was show-boating and the Hot Dog that came up from behind for the win...

Yes, I forgot to mention that before. You can't really have a more blatantly fixed outcome in the sausage race than that. It looked like the Polish was cruising, then finally remembered, 'doh, the Hot Dog's supposed to win today, isn't it?'.

The Italian also took a tumble, which did not look staged.

And I agree. Both of Prince's deep flyballs looked more promising than did Corey's (which of course was the one that actually went yard). It was nice to see the fans give Prince an ovation after the second one.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived